Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Perhaps Big Ben needs to start throwing the ball away

Bookmark and Share

Perhaps Big Ben needs to start throwing the ball away

I believe he's been sacked 7 times so far this season...and he was taken down an eye popping 46 times last season. We all know this is due in large part to Ben trying to do too much and holding the ball for way too long. Is it time for a more conservative approach...perhaps Ben needs to cut back on the 5 pump fakes and just quickly go through his progressions...throw the ball away if nothing is there and there is no room to run? I know he's a big guy and hard to take down...I also know he manages to make things happen sometimes, but it seems that he's killing his line. It must really take it out of them to have to block for that long on a play so many times a game...also the drive killing sacks don't help much either.

Worked against your team 3 times last year, why change now?
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    Worked against your team 3 times last year, why change now?
    Doesn't seem to be working too well this year. Which is more relevant??? It just appears that Ben is thinking he has to do it all. Seems like way too much responsibility for a system QB type.

Why did you come on to a Steelers board to start crap? if you going to be a tool just leave!

Quote Originally Posted by JoeFlaccoSaysHi View Post
    Doesn't seem to be working too well this year. Which is more relevant??? It just appears that Ben is thinking he has to do it all. Seems like way too much responsibility for a system QB type.
    Tell you what we could strike a deal, we the Steeler Nation will have a quiet word with Bruce and Ben, and get him to start throwing the ball away more, . . .

and in return you take your thinly disguised smack somewhere else . . . . . . . how's that sound!

The thought of you having sleepless nights over this really is begining to concern me, otherwise may I suggest a heavy dose of painkillers washed down with a large bottle of JD!

Your UKSTEELER

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan11 View Post
    Why did you come on to a Steelers board to start crap? if you going to be a tool just leave!
    I feel I've actually been quite civil. What's wrong with a rival fan coming here and discussing the AFC North in a friendly manner?

I feel I've actually been quite civil. What's wrong with a rival fan coming here and discussing the AFC North in a friendly manner?
    Well I could give you a little more respect if you would have showed up prior to the ratbirds being 3-0..that makes me think you are here for only 1 reason to be all cocky.

You are making threads like "is it time to panic" and yet while people are saying we aren't panicking you keep probing for no reason.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan11 View Post
    Well I could give you a little more respect if you would have showed up prior to the ratbirds being 3-0..that makes me think you are here for only 1 reason to be all cocky.

You are making threads like "is it time to panic" and yet while people are saying we aren't panicking you keep probing for no reason.
    Perhaps I'm probing for a reason since no one is giving one. If someone said..."our defense just isn't the same with Troy, we'll be back on track when he returns" I could buy that. Or if someone said that Big Ben's 10 second scrambles are taking the wind out of the o-line and that he needs to cut down for them to be effective I could buy that also. I really don't think the panic question is all that over the top considering the Steelers are the defending SB champs and they've laid two eggs in a row.

Or if someone said that Big Ben's 10 second scrambles are taking the wind out of the o-line and that he needs to cut down for them to be effective I could buy that also. I really don't think the panic question is all that over the top considering the Steelers are the defending SB champs and they've laid two eggs in a row.
    You obviously haven't watched the games that we lost or you wouldn't be making such ridiculous statements.
    "When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself."
    -Wayne Dyer

Quote Originally Posted by LarryNJ View Post
    You obviously haven't watched the games that we lost or you wouldn't be making such ridiculous statements.
    So you would say that the long plays where these massive o-lineman have to run around for way too long don't take anything out of them and detract from their ability to perform to their peak potential? Interesting...many would disagree with you, but interesting.

Thread Information