Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Steelers vs Bears Review

Bookmark and Share

Steelers vs Bears Review

I thought that the steelers played well enough on both sides of the ball to win on Sunday. Jeff Reed has been won of the most consistent kickers in the league ever since he come to the steelers. He usually comes through for us and its ok that he had a bad game, everyone does. This loss will be tough to swallow but lets look towards next week and the Bengals who might surprise some people and be better than they think. As a prediction for this week i'm gonna take the steelers 24-10 over the Bengals. I think that the steelers will rebound from the loss to the bears and prove why they are the defending champs.
    :

I hope you are right about Steelers vs. Bungles on Sunday. We really need the win. Tomlin needs to rally the troops and prepare for battle.

My Mood
    Angry

Game 2 thoughts!

Isn't it strange that when ever we start off strong we end up losing? It happened last year with the Giants and the Colts and now this year with da Bears.

We definitely let this one slip away. I think besides the 2 huge misses by Reed the one thing I think that stands out is the long pass to Holmes on 3rd and 2. It's good to change things up a little like by having Ben sprint to the right on 4th and 1 and had the option of either running it in or passing it ,which he did, for a td. I applaud Arians for trying new things but that was early. I don't think you take a chance like they did when the game was on the line!

Also I think Carter plays like he thinks he doesn't have to cover his opponent that close because he thinks he can hit him so hard that it will knock the ball loose. Well it doesn't always work.

We should be fine. Even with our screwups we should of won if Reed makes a kick. I think there should always be 2 Steeler fans one at each endzone, seated directly behind the goal posts and dressed like a paper towel dispenser. Reed will f***ing hit that! Guaranteed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was at the game on Sunday and was really impressed with all the Steelers fans there!
    A lot of shocked Bears fans looking around at all the black and gold.

I will be disappointed if we don't put up at least 20 against the Bengals

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by No l Gravity l View Post
    I will be disappointed if we don't put up at least 20 against the Bengals
    Amen....

Polamalu Island or Seattle. Its the same place.
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    20? I would think the way Ben can pass up and down the field that they could put up 30... But, again like last year this team can move the ball between the 20's, then come up short, and have to try FG's. This team needs to learn to put up points, then run the ball to control a lead. I have not seen that in a season and 2 games. Until this team can run the ball a,, these games are going to come down to the wire. All of them. Unless its us getting our asses handed to us.
    Be who you are, become what you dream....

Quote Originally Posted by jtretz View Post
    I think there should always be 2 Steeler fans one at each endzone, seated directly behind the goal posts and dressed like a paper towel dispenser. Reed will f***ing hit that! Guaranteed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    okay.... now THAT was funny!

"Here's an idea! Don't worry about sports and run the ****ing country!!!" - PsychoWard to Obama

Awaiting Seven...
    I agree that it was a heartbreaking loss, but I don't think that it's anything to get too upset over. Throughout the season every team is going to have peaks and valleys. The Steelers will bounce back, they always do.

Some of the mistakes that were made are B/S and should have never been made. I dont think the Steelers expected a battle in Chicago nor do I think they expected the weather factor.

As for Ben's TD it looked great on TV and he did put up 6 points, but I worry about him risking injury this early in the season. I know Ben is a big guy and in excellent shape but he is the best QB we have ever had and if he comes up with a season ending injury we can all wrap our heads with our terrible towels and pray for the season to end quickly.

"Of course thats just my opinion I could be wrong" - Dennis Miller

Thread Information