Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Steelers facing possible 2 game deficit in division with a loss in Cincinnati Sunday

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Clowns

Steelers facing possible 2 game deficit in division with a loss in Cincinnati Sunday

Now I know it's way to early to be talking about division leads and all that stuff but if anybody knows how I am on these boards I will get into it a little bit. The Steelers this week in Cincy if god forbid they should drop this game to the Bungles will not only most likely be 2 games behind the Ravens in the division but will also fall to 3rd place in the division at 1-2 a game behind the Bengals having lost a tiebraking game to the Bengals. I say this because the Ravens most likely are going to beat the Browns this coming Sunday who have looked pathetic so far the first two games and move to 3-0. And while the Ravens do have road games 2 of the next 3 weeks at the Patriots and at the Vikings you dont want to put yourself in an early 2 game hole going into October having already lost a game in the division.

Kudos to the Bengals for going into Lambeau Field yesterday and beating the Packers. That was a shocker to me and I didnt think it would happen. Ill admit I was completely wrong in saying the Ravens would lose to the Chargers and the Bengals would lose at Lambeau. Things ended up working out totally the opposite with the Steelers losing as well which makes this scenario going into this week much more important and critical even for late September. The Bengals after that devistating loss to the Broncos last week now have new life going into next week's game with the Steelers at home in which they will treat as if it were the Super Bowl this early on in the year.

I had mentioned the Steelers first four games at the start of the season with the Titans,Bears,Bengals and Chargers were all going to be tough, close games down to the wire win or lose and so far it's unfolding exactly that way. It's why it's important for the Steelers to go into Cincy on Sunday get this win on the road in the division move to 2-1 and then have 3 of your next 4 games in October at home with the only road game being against lowly Detroit on October 11th. The Steelers with a win this week should be able to keep pace with the Ravens who will lose some games coming up I believe until they do meet in late November for the first time. If they lose to the Bengals and fall to 1-2 and 2 games behind the Ravens and in 3rd place it's going to put them in a very uncomfortable spot early on in the year facing a 2 game deficit already and the Ravens playing pretty good. You dont want to have to deal with that kind of adversity this early in the season just yet especially with no Troy in the lineup for at least another month and the Steelers defense looking pretty human yesterday in Chicago. Another performance by the defense in Cincy like that combined with a loss like yesterday as well then it might be time to start getting a little worried...

Originally from Johnstown, PA...now trapped in Bungleland
    They absolutely cannot drop the Bungles game. By Sunday the people in this town will have them going to the SB because they won this week. lol! They will be impossible to live with should the unimaginable happen. They need to stop Odum. The guy went from 2 sacks to 5 yesterday. If he gets ahold of Ben much it could be a really long day for us. I'll be at the game so lets go Steelers!

until ben loses in ohio im gonna assume he cant

My Mood
    Clowns
    I dont think they will lose this game either. I just dont see this Steelers team with the strong veteran leadership that it has coming back and losing another road game next week especially in the division to the Bengals. With that being said, as I pointed out I know it's early but you do not want to lose this game because as I mentioned above the Ravens are playing the Browns in Baltimore which should put them at 3-0. So a loss to Cincy not only puts you 2 games behind the Ravens in the division going into October but also a game behind the Bengals as well having already lost one head to head tiebraker to them. If the Steelers take care of business this week their schedule really sets up well for them having 3 of the next 4 games at home in October including and back to back games with the Lions and Browns as well which should easily put the Steelers at 5-1...First things first though gotta take care of a very confident pumped up Bengals team in Cincy on Sunday which wont be easy to do...

.....its to early to worry about the damn season, if people predictions were right early on in the season last year the jets or titans would have won the super bowl, the cards wouldnt have smelt the SB, joe flacco woulda had a typical rookie season, the lions wouldnt have gone 0-16... my point here is CALM DOWN.. we easily could have won that game yesterday, it's not like the we got killed... tip: inhale, exhale, inhale, exhale and repeat ... also it's not how you start, its how you finish i.e. 2005 Steelers

My Mood
    Clowns
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelCityKid5 View Post
    .....its to early to worry about the damn season, if people predictions were right early on in the season last year the jets or titans would have won the super bowl, the cards wouldnt have smelt the SB, joe flacco woulda had a typical rookie season, the lions wouldnt have gone 0-16... my point here is CALM DOWN.. we easily could have won that game yesterday, it's not like the we got killed... tip: inhale, exhale, inhale, exhale and repeat ... also it's not how you start, its how you finish i.e. 2005 Steelers
    It is a little early to start worrying about it Ill agree but as the old saying goes every game is important especially the division games. My point is you dont want to drop a game to the Bengals early on in the year and slip to 3rd place in the division going into September and 2 games behind the Ravens already who as I mentioned before are probably going to beat Cleveland on Sunday and move to 3-0. Not saying the Steelers cant overcome a 1-2 start and catch the Ravens because they definitely can, but it's just not a position you want to be in closing out the first month of the season. You want to be controlling you own destiny and controlling your own division not looking uphill and chasing the Ravens already 3-4 games into the season. It's why it makes the game in Cincy this coming weekend a little more critical then people want to believe...I dont care what the Bengals did yesterday going into Lambeau Field and winning which was impressive. If the Steelers go into Cincy and lose to the Bengals the same way they lost to the Bears playing sloppy defense in key situations and not finishing drives off once again then they are in trouble and have got problems...
    Last edited by Troyisabeast_43; 09-21-2009 at 06:44 PM.

Originally from Johnstown, PA...now trapped in Bungleland
    Quote Originally Posted by Troyisabeast_43 View Post
    It's why it makes the game in Cincy this coming weekend a little more critical then people want to believe...
    Many people who live elsewhere don't know the rivalry that exists here in Cincy when it comes to the Steelers. They are hated with a passion by many fans. Over the years I have seen this game really treated like their Super Bowl. Can't tell you how many times I've heard "If we can only win one game this season....". Believe me, they'll be pumped for this game.

Tailgate Coordinator
    Way too early, but understand your thoughts. I'm not thinking about losing to them.

I'm A "Champion"

Polamalu Island or Seattle. Its the same place.
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    After what Cutler did to the Steeler Def in the second half, I am a little worried about the game in Cincy...Palmer is better then Cutler, with Better weapons. If Cutler can throw for a couple TD's, so can Palmer. Dropping to 1-2 this early is a hole you dont want to be in with the Chargers coming to town. I guess we can go back to that question that was brought up last year....Who's more important to the team Troy or James? I am going to have to say...Troy!!!!!
    Be who you are, become what you dream....

My Mood
    Clowns
    Quote Originally Posted by Dean Denton View Post
    After what Cutler did to the Steeler Def in the second half, I am a little worried about the game in Cincy...Palmer is better then Cutler, with Better weapons. If Cutler can throw for a couple TD's, so can Palmer. Dropping to 1-2 this early is a hole you dont want to be in with the Chargers coming to town. I guess we can go back to that question that was brought up last year....Who's more important to the team Troy or James? I am going to have to say...Troy!!!!!
    No you dont want to drop to 1-2 especially with the Ravens potentially moving to 3-0 this week hosting the Browns. I dont think that will happen though and I really believe the Steelers will bounce back in a big way and come up with a win against the Bengals on Sunday. I think the Steelers will be 5-1 going into the Vikings game at the end of October. I expect them to win their next 4 against the Bengals here with the Chargers on Sunday night, at Detroit and here with the Browns...

Thread Information