Now I know it's way to early to be talking about division leads and all that stuff but if anybody knows how I am on these boards I will get into it a little bit. The Steelers this week in Cincy if god forbid they should drop this game to the Bungles will not only most likely be 2 games behind the Ravens in the division but will also fall to 3rd place in the division at 1-2 a game behind the Bengals having lost a tiebraking game to the Bengals. I say this because the Ravens most likely are going to beat the Browns this coming Sunday who have looked pathetic so far the first two games and move to 3-0. And while the Ravens do have road games 2 of the next 3 weeks at the Patriots and at the Vikings you dont want to put yourself in an early 2 game hole going into October having already lost a game in the division.

Kudos to the Bengals for going into Lambeau Field yesterday and beating the Packers. That was a shocker to me and I didnt think it would happen. Ill admit I was completely wrong in saying the Ravens would lose to the Chargers and the Bengals would lose at Lambeau. Things ended up working out totally the opposite with the Steelers losing as well which makes this scenario going into this week much more important and critical even for late September. The Bengals after that devistating loss to the Broncos last week now have new life going into next week's game with the Steelers at home in which they will treat as if it were the Super Bowl this early on in the year.

I had mentioned the Steelers first four games at the start of the season with the Titans,Bears,Bengals and Chargers were all going to be tough, close games down to the wire win or lose and so far it's unfolding exactly that way. It's why it's important for the Steelers to go into Cincy on Sunday get this win on the road in the division move to 2-1 and then have 3 of your next 4 games in October at home with the only road game being against lowly Detroit on October 11th. The Steelers with a win this week should be able to keep pace with the Ravens who will lose some games coming up I believe until they do meet in late November for the first time. If they lose to the Bengals and fall to 1-2 and 2 games behind the Ravens and in 3rd place it's going to put them in a very uncomfortable spot early on in the year facing a 2 game deficit already and the Ravens playing pretty good. You dont want to have to deal with that kind of adversity this early in the season just yet especially with no Troy in the lineup for at least another month and the Steelers defense looking pretty human yesterday in Chicago. Another performance by the defense in Cincy like that combined with a loss like yesterday as well then it might be time to start getting a little worried...