Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: When will this team realize you can't rely on last second heroics

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon

When will this team realize you can't rely on last second heroics

All last year, now this year for whatever unknown reason this team goes to sleep once they get a lead and everything falls to ****. Honestly how much more do the coaches need to see to figure this out, or maybe they already know but there's nothing they can do about it.

Whatever the reason we are now 1-2 and looking up in the division already having lost more games to an AFCN foe than we did all of last year. Yeah it's only week 3 but considering the hole we've now dug ourselves this is literally very little wiggle room for this team the rest of the way through this season.

This team just pisses me off in so many ways I just cannot state it enough. Defending Super Bowl champs, superb defense, pro bowl QB, pro bowl WR's, one of the best TE's in the game, one of the most reliable kickers in the game and we lose 2 weeks in a row in the last minute literally. Perhaps things are finally catching up to us, but either way how much more of a wakeup call can you possibly need if you are the Pittsburgh Steelers.

My Mood
    Addicted
    it would be nice for the steelers to play like a championship team after they win the ****ing SB...this is recockulous

sweed gave up a huge TD
    farrior gave up the tackle that would have sealed the game...then the TD to lose the game
    willie looked great today
    tyrone played a better game
    reed missed yet another FG that would have helped us out in the end
    can't wait for the front office to see just how much max starks sucks
    i damn near needed all of my fingers and toes to count the amount of times harrison was held, and it wasn't called
    wtf was up w/ hines' 2 pass interference calls?! he knows better than that...

today's game pissed me off so bad

Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    All last year, now this year for whatever unknown reason this team goes to sleep once they get a lead and everything falls to ****. Honestly how much more do the coaches need to see to figure this out, or maybe they already know but there's nothing they can do about it.

Whatever the reason we are now 1-2 and looking up in the division already having lost more games to an AFCN foe than we did all of last year. Yeah it's only week 3 but considering the hole we've now dug ourselves this is literally very little wiggle room for this team the rest of the way through this season.

This team just pisses me off in so many ways I just cannot state it enough. Defending Super Bowl champs, superb defense, pro bowl QB, pro bowl WR's, one of the best TE's in the game, one of the most reliable kickers in the game and we lose 2 weeks in a row in the last minute literally. Perhaps things are finally catching up to us, but either way how much more of a wakeup call can you possibly need if you are the Pittsburgh Steelers.
    You are absolutely correct

Gold Standard

Guess we are working ourselves into good draft position for next year! We may well end up with one of those marquis O-lineman after all. You see, I am a glass half-full kinda guy!
    http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_082009/home.parcoltop11.35513.ImageFile.jpg

Rookie Free Agent steelersforever1983's Avatar
    happens to a lot of teams that win the superbowl don't focus on next year. that's what made the 70 steelers great they never celebrated their rings and go right to competing for one next year. after they retired then they celebrated.

Spectator
    My Mood
    Happy

Try hiring a new OC that can really coach our Offence and fire Arians. Then maybe they can sit back and wonder what the hell took them so long.
    Also, Maybe Tomlin can try being more of a Head Coach and stop relying so much on Adains to run this team.
    "It is hard to wait around for something that you know may never happen;but it's even harder to let go when it's everything you want"
    -unknown

My Mood
    Addicted
    yeah i wouldn't mind seeing arians out of pittsburgh

My Mood
    colts-hater

Im with you TG this defense looks like 2007 where everytime they need to make a stop at the end of a game or in a key situation they are not doing it. Same goes for the offense everytime they need a drive to put a team away or a first down they arent getting it done. Right now this team I hate to say is doing just enough to lose games on both sides of the ball and its very disturbing 3 weeks into the season. Ill have my division scenario post tomorrow to break down how things are still not all gloom and doom and there is a lot of football left...Is it time to panic? NO...Time to be concerned YES...But I do believe they will turn this thing around and get back to playing winning football here sooner rather then later...

Man this one leaves a bad taste in my mouth -- should of- could of -would of - l don't see one problem with the steelers - guys who made plays last year are not this year -jeff's foot isn't money - woodley and harrison were no shows either holmes messed up a route or ben thought a bengal was one of us??? our offensive coordinator sucks - he can't get the o in a rythm with his play calling. This sets up a **** poor week.

I'm 26 years old and I might need to start taking heart medication if the Steelers keep this up. I really need to see a good ol fashion but whupping at someone elses expense.

How about letting Ben run some no huddle... ALWAYS seems to work. Not impressed with Bruce Arians at all...

Thread Information