Thread: Zone Blocking

Bookmark and Share

Zone Blocking

When are we going to get away from this zone-blocking scheme we have in place. Zone-blocking is for a team that has under-sized athletic offensive lineman that utilize their speed and quickness to attack certain spots on the field during a run. We have guys that can't even get their big slow lumbering bodies off of the line after the ball has been snapped (i.e. Max Starks). Is there a possibility that maybe, just maybe, we have the wrong personnel to execute a zone-blocking scheme? Or could there also be a possibility that we need to replace Larry Zierlein with someone who knows how to motivate these turn styles we have on the o-line? I still miss Russ Grimm, and the Steelers do to.

Quote Originally Posted by ToothAche View Post
    When are we going to get away from this zone-blocking scheme we have in place. Zone-blocking is for a team that has under-sized athletic offensive lineman that utilize their speed and quickness to attack certain spots on the field during a run. We have guys that can't even get their big slow lumbering bodies off of the line after the ball has been snapped (i.e. Max Starks). Is there a possibility that maybe, just maybe, we have the wrong personnel to execute a zone-blocking scheme? Or could there also be a possibility that we need to replace Larry Zierlein with someone who knows how to motivate these turn styles we have on the o-line? I still miss Russ Grimm, and the Steelers do to.
    the o line man blocked the majority of the titans game.
    RIDICULOUSLY good looking...

Rookie Free Agent tuggysteel822's Avatar
    The pass blocking was good. When ben has time to get the team downfield that is enough protection. I think tomlin is going to be hard on the line this week though because of the inept running game. And you can't blame the RB's for that.

I am not talking pass blocking. RUN blocking. Something these guys can't seem to do.

we arent really a zone blocking team at all....zone blocking the line moves together and the RB makes one cut and each play is designed to get about 4 yards.....anything after that is up to the RB to make happen.

we dont do that at all

Thread Information