Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2 out of 3 teams lose in the AFC North today...

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Clowns

2 out of 3 teams lose in the AFC North today...

The Steelers almost got the hat trick today since the Kansas City Chiefs gave the Ravens a huge huge scare taking them right down to the wire today. Not a very good sign for the Ravens barely getting by a Kansas City Chiefs team at home that was picked by many to be one of the worst teams in football without Matt Cassel playing either. I know the Ravens put up almost 500 yards of offense but Im still not sold on the Ravens offense being a power after that performance. They played a bad KC team and barely got out of there with a win. The Ravens defense gave up a lot of big pass plays to a stiff QB like Brody Croyle so that tells me that the Ravens D is not as good as it was a year ago. They dont look half as good as the Steelers defense does. As for the other games the Browns hung tough with the Vikings for the first half but then completely imploded in the 2nd half losing 34-20. And the Bengals lost 12-7 on an absolutely ridiculous TD at the end of the game in the last 15-20 seconds on a tipped ball to Brandon Stokley of the Broncos. The Bengals looked totally defeated after that game and I dont see them recovering after that kind of loss today.

The next few weeks I feel the schedule really favors the Steelers in terms of the games a lot of the other teams in the division have to play compared to the Steelers schedule. The Browns have games at Denver and at Baltimore the next 2 weeks which I feel they will lose both. The Bengals go to Green Bay before hosting the Steelers the next week which I also think they will lose both. That should put both the Bengals and Browns at 0-3 going into October when they will both meet each other on October 4th. The Ravens meanwhile while they do have the Browns in 2 weeks have very very tough road games at San Diego and at New England 2 out of the next 3 weeks. I believe they will lose both of those and will be 2-2 going into the first week of October. So based on that schedule for all 3 of those teams if the Steelers take care of business the next 2 weeks in Chicago and Cincy which I feel they will before coming home to face the Chargers they should have a very comfortable 2-3 game lead on everybody in the division going into October before playing 2 very winnable games with the Lions and the Browns...Not thrilled with the Ravens winning today although they didnt look very impressive doing it, but Ill definitely take the Bengals and the Browns losing already both at home and being behind the Steelers in the division already after one week...

Ravens D looks soft so far this year!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Gold Standard
    Didn't we already know that the AFC North would again be a battle between the Steelers and the Rat-turds? The Brownstains and the Bungholio's just arent ready to challenge yet!

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_082009/home.parcoltop11.35513.ImageFile.jpg

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I cannot believe how much NFLN is all over the friggin Bungals! They act like all of the sudden this team is going to be a wildcard team come January or something. The division is still going to come down to the Ratbirds and us, plain and simple.

Bengals didn't score until the last couple minutes in the 4th, the team is a joke!

They'll get better, but to drop a game at home was silly!

They head to GB then we go into Cinci, it could be another long season for ochokissmyasso!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

2 out of 3 teams lose...No surprise there, that will probably be a pretty common theme again this year like previous years.
    "When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself."
    -Wayne Dyer

My Mood
    Addicted
    ochokissmyasso!

--- Added 9/14/2009 at 09:42 AM ---

Quote Originally Posted by Troyisabeast_43 View Post
    The Steelers almost got the hat trick today since the Kansas City Chiefs gave the Ravens a huge huge scare taking them right down to the wire today. Not a very good sign for the Ravens barely getting by a Kansas City Chiefs team at home that was picked by many to be one of the worst teams in football without Matt Cassel playing either. I know the Ravens put up almost 500 yards of offense but Im still not sold on the Ravens offense being a power after that performance. They played a bad KC team and barely got out of there with a win. The Ravens defense gave up a lot of big pass plays to a stiff QB like Brody Croyle so that tells me that the Ravens D is not as good as it was a year ago. They dont look half as good as the Steelers defense does. As for the other games the Browns hung tough with the Vikings for the first half but then completely imploded in the 2nd half losing 34-20. And the Bengals lost 12-7 on an absolutely ridiculous TD at the end of the game in the last 15-20 seconds on a tipped ball to Brandon Stokley of the Broncos. The Bengals looked totally defeated after that game and I dont see them recovering after that kind of loss today.

The next few weeks I feel the schedule really favors the Steelers in terms of the games a lot of the other teams in the division have to play compared to the Steelers schedule. The Browns have games at Denver and at Baltimore the next 2 weeks which I feel they will lose both. The Bengals go to Green Bay before hosting the Steelers the next week which I also think they will lose both. That should put both the Bengals and Browns at 0-3 going into October when they will both meet each other on October 4th. The Ravens meanwhile while they do have the Browns in 2 weeks have very very tough road games at San Diego and at New England 2 out of the next 3 weeks. I believe they will lose both of those and will be 2-2 going into the first week of October. So based on that schedule for all 3 of those teams if the Steelers take care of business the next 2 weeks in Chicago and Cincy which I feel they will before coming home to face the Chargers they should have a very comfortable 2-3 game lead on everybody in the division going into October before playing 2 very winnable games with the Lions and the Browns...Not thrilled with the Ravens winning today although they didnt look very impressive doing it, but Ill definitely take the Bengals and the Browns losing already both at home and being behind the Steelers in the division already after one week...
    I was surprised. I thought the ratbirds would crush KC. If not 4 all those 3 and outs in the first half 2 wear out their D-line. the ratbirds could have very well lost that game.
    Last edited by steelers4life66; 09-14-2009 at 10:43 AM.

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the united steeler nation.
    And to the franchise for which it stands. One nation of domination
    With the ability to crush you all.

My Mood
    Clowns
    Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    I cannot believe how much NFLN is all over the friggin Bungals! They act like all of the sudden this team is going to be a wildcard team come January or something. The division is still going to come down to the Ratbirds and us, plain and simple.
    It probably will come down when all is said and done once again between the Steelers and the Ravens. But like I pointed out TG the Ravens schedule 3 out of the next 5 games is not going to do them any favors and is much much tougher then the Steelers upcoming schedule the next 5 weeks. The Ravens have road games 3 out of the next 5 weeks at San Diego,at New England and at Minnesota with home games sandwiched in between with the Browns and the Bengals. While the Steelers have back to back road games with the Bears and Bengals, followed by a Sunday night game at home against a pretty good Chargers team, then games at Detroit and at home against the Browns. Id say that definitely favors the Steelers for sure. If the Ravens expect to keep pace with the Steelers they are most definitely going to have to steal one of those games in San Diego,New England, or in Minnesota and by no stretch will that be easy to do especially with the way the Ravens defense looked yesterday at home against a pretty bad and anemic Kansas City Chiefs team who had Brody Croyle playing Quarterback for them...

Ravens vs Pats

WOW, who to root for, I know pats but that's just wrong to say!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

My Mood
    Clowns
    Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    Ravens vs Pats

WOW, who to root for, I know pats but that's just wrong to say!
    With the game taking place the first week of October so early in the season I would say you should probably still root for the Patriots since the division will still be up for grabs at that point and the Steelers wanting to create some early seperation between themselves and the Ratbirds. I definitely think the Ravens will lose at the very least 2 of those 3 road games they have at San Diego,New England, and Minnesota. So if the Steelers can take care of business the next 2 weeks against the Bears and Bengals on the road and move to 3-0 they are going to be in excellent shape going into October with the next 3 games being against the Chargers at home on a Sunday night where the Steelers rarely lose in primetime,followed by back to back games against the lowly Lions and Browns.

Thread Information