Thread: House Of Steel Post Game Wrapup Saints at STEELERS!!!

Bookmark and Share
    House of Steel

House Of Steel Post Game Wrapup Saints at STEELERS!!!

New Orleans Saints at Pittsburgh Steelers
    House Of Steel Post-Game Wrapup

Hello everyone. What an exciting game here in Pittsburgh as they finally grab victory number three in a shootout of epic proportions with the Steelers coming on top in a 38-31 game.

The game started with everything seeming to be going all wrong again for the Steelers, ranging from the loss of two key defensive starters in Troy Polamalu and Deshea Townsend and then followed by losing a 14-point lead.

THE BIGGEST KEY HERE, they didn't lose this game and they DID NOT COMMIT ONE turnover.

The biggest story of this game was Willie Parker who broke loose on runs of 72 and 76 yards to set up his own two short scoring runs in the second half, Ben Roethlisberger threw three touchdown passes and the Steelers rallied after giving away a big lead.

Parker, last week was concerned about some teammates not being hungry or were losing theirs focuse as they were in winning the Super Bowl last season after the dismal lost at home against Denver last Sunday. He can't be faulted for this effort tonight. He had closed in very close to the Steelers Single Game Record by 5 yard held by Frenchy Faqua against Philadelphia in 1970 (218) by running for 213 yard on 22 carries, with scoring runs of 3 and 4 yards in the second half. Parker had a total of 187 of his 213 yards in the second half.

The Saints (6-3) had rallied to lead 17-14 on Reggie Bush's 15 yard touchdown run on a double reverse, with Bush tumbling over safety Ryan Clark to reach the end zone. Then, lead again 24-17 on Duce McAllister 4 yard run during a 72-yard drive the Brees executed in one minute in the first half.

Drew Brees for the fifth time this season has thrown over 300 yards in a game, going 31 for 47 for 399 yards with Marques Colston making 10 catches for 169 yards in making the Steelers Secondary look like deers in headlights. The biggest thing that cost the Saints this ballgame was turning the ball over three times to Pittsburgh, are you ready for this ? ZERO TIMES!!!! A miracle has happened.

The Steelers (3-6) played most of the final three quarters without their two key defensive starters in Polamalu and Townsend, out with concussions. The injuries forced an alternate plan to go far down the bench for backups, especially with the Steelers frequently using 5 defensive backs to counter Drew Brees.

The Saints got close again at 38-31 on McAllister's second 4-yard touchdown run of the game midway through the fourth quarter. It was one of those plays that just threw the Steelers way off on defense and confused even the New Orleans Saints, but however, it was a bad snap from Jeff Faine. Saints were very forunate that McAllister was alert enough to pick the fumble up and run through an open lane for the touchdown. The winning seal for the Steelers came when the Saints chances of tying or winning ended with the Steelers' Ryan Clark recovering a Terrance Cooper's fumble at the Steelers 20 following a 25-yard pickup in the final minutes.

Other key highlights for the Steelers, Roethlisberger's touchdown passes of 37 yards to Hines Ward and 2 yards to Heath Miller. Tight End Billy Miller's fumble at the Saints 32 was recovered by Brett Keisel lead to the Heath Miller's score.

Despite the Steelers winning for only the second time since September 7th, the Steelers are still four games behind the leader, Baltimore with seven games to play when the Ravens rallied from behind to beat Tennessee 27-26 after trailing 26-7.

Could this victory start the running of the tables for the Pittsburgh Steelers? We all must remember no team with a 2-6 record at midpoint in the season ever made the playoffs, considering last year's momumental run to Super Bowl XL, could the Steelers stir a miracle and win the AFC North and the playoff berth? Join us next week as we travel to Cleveland, Ohio to face the arch-rival Cleveland Browns. The Final tonight 38-31 victory for the Steelers. Good Night and God Bless.
    Last edited by AZ_Steeler; 11-13-2006 at 12:10 AM.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Great article HoS!

House of Steel
    Once again outdone myself. You know I was really looking forward to doing that for a change.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Ya, it's been awhile since we had one on winning the game....lol

House of Steel
    It was depressing after that Raiders game, that left the worse taste in my mouth for the longest time.

Nice wripe up HoS!! I bet it feels good writing about a "W" for a change!

House of Steel
    You better believe it. It sucks you couldn't see this game. For the most part, it left you on the edge of your seat, some at cussing at the zebras, other cussing out Cowher cause he didn't give a good crap about the game, and the secondary giving me fits.

Thread Information