Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Playoff Scenario for the Steelers still alive...

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Clowns

Playoff Scenario for the Steelers still alive...

This day could have been absolutely perfect had the damn Titans not blown a 19 point lead to the Ravens and then have Tennessee still have a chance at the end and get a FG blocked in the last 30 seconds. A Ravens loss today would have been absolutely huge because I was not counting on that at all today to a team like Tennessee. Baltimore losing would have been huge especially with their next 4 games as Ive said on here last week. Their next 4 our against Atlanta,Us,at Cincy and at Kansas City. Im telling you if the Steelers can win against Cleveland next week and then go into Baltimore and win in 2 weeks they are going to be right back in this AFC North race. I can really see Baltimore losing to us,at Cincy, and at KC because all 3 of those teams are going to be desperate to stay alive for the playoffs in those games. And keep in mind as Ive said the Steelers play Tampa and Cleveland at home the same weeks Baltimore has to go to Cincy and to Kansas City. You figure if Tennessee can almost beat the Ravens when there on the road then the Bengals and Chiefs both should be able too.

Moving on here, not only did the Steelers stay alive in the AFC North race but they picked up a couple games in the Wild Card spot as well. With KC and the Jags losing today to 2 horrible teams in Miami and Houston the Steelers are currently 2 games behind the Jags,Jets, and Chiefs for that 6th wildcard spot. All 3 of those teams are 5-4 and the Steelers are now 3-6 2 games back of both of all 3 of them. And I know Cincy is still 4-5 but they are completely imploding and their schedule is brutal to finish the year.

The bottom line is though a real gut check win today for this team and with the Browns upcoming next week, and I know Cleveland won today against Atlanta but I dont see them winning 2 in a row and beating us down in Cleveland next week. Im telling you the Steelers got a lot of help today and are still alive in the AFC North based on the fact that we have 5 division games left, and 2 important ones with Baltimore, and the fact that the Ravens have 4 tough games in a row and the Steelers schedule is much easier then their's is the next 4 weeks including a game head to head with Baltimore. This team is still alive for the playoffs as I said here last week with that scenario playing out, and they live to fight another week and keep their season alive. Hopefully the injury to Troy isnt too serious with the concussion and we get him back next week. But once again this Steelers team if you look at what I just wrote on here is still very much alive for a playoff spot in both the division and wild card spots.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    i like how positive you are but dude, 10 wins do not win this division this year especially since the ravens keep on winning, and i doubt we run the table with this defense
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    If we do win 10 games, and that's a HUGE if, we still need help from the ratbirds to lose atleast 2 more games. yes it can be done, but we can't have any splits in the division. We need to win every division game, and every game from here on out.

10-6 doesnt guarantee anything but we sure took a nice step forward today in our fight to get back on the winning track.

My Mood
    Clowns
    As I pointed out to you Top Gun Baltimore has to play back to back weeks at Cincy and at KC at the start of December, and then they play us here on Christmas Eve. Atlanta next week isnt going to be a walk in the park for the Ravens either. Atlanta is going to be desperate for a win next week especially since they lost the last 2 weeks to Detroit and Cleveland they are gonna have to win next week down in Baltimore. Keep in mind the Steelers have Cleveland twice and Tampa Bay 3 out of the next 4 games with the Ravens game in between. The Ravens beat Tennessee and Cleveland both on the road this year by 1 point. There not that good and I really believe that Cincy and KC will both beat them and that will be there other 2 losses. Im telling you look at our schedule and the Ravens schedule TG and you will see this thing is far far far from over based on who we play the next 4 weeks and who the Ravens play the next 4 weeks.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    The ratbirds are living on borrowed time. They have already been exposed for a sub par offense and a defense that can be beat.

We can definately beat them but its going to take a huge effort from here on out to keep on winning and get some help. Stranger things have happened but it all starts with us taking care of our business or none of it matters. Balt has a tough stretch coming up and yes Atlanta will be in desperation mode so Im hoping they come up with a win this weekend !

Cincy's inconsistent play on both sides of the ball definately makes them vulnerable sothey can be beat.

It definately could still happen and I won't quit believing until we statistically done...however, like koopa said, we do have to get the D going or we won't havec a chance to win the rest of our games this year.

sig made by K Train....Thank you!

The Titans ruined a perfect opportunity for us to gain ground on the Ravens today but it showed the Ravens are just waiting to be had! All the Steelers really can do though is worry about their part and keep winning games!

Yeah....I was hoping the Titans would win, but at the same time I knew it would be too good to be true and they would find someone to lose. AZ you are absolutely correct....all the Steelers can do is keep winning and hope the rest falls into place!

sig made by K Train....Thank you!

SA's Biggest Fan
    My Mood
    Stressed
    I just find it almost ridiculous that the Ravens won by ONE lousy point...sheesh, it couldn't have BEEN any closer and still have been a win....

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    The titans definately had that game in the bag...its pathetic how much the ratbird team really thinks their all that !

Thread Information