Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jeff Reed denies offer

Bookmark and Share

Jeff Reed denies offer

Acoording to ESPN Insider and the PPG:

Jeff Reed has steadily proven a worthy member of the Pittsburgh Steelers for his on-field performance, while keeping the hopper full over at Deadspin for antics off the field.

The Steelers made an offer to Reed's agent over the weekend, but it was quickly rejected as being far too low, as per the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.

Since the Steelers don't re-negotiate with current players during the season, this could mean that Reed will be coming to a city near you once the 2009 campaign is through.

This doesn't bode well for Reed, especially after the Steelers extented Hartwig's contract today.

My Mood
    colts-hater
    Oh well who cares at this point and time. Reed is kicking for the Steelers this season which starts in 2 days so that's all Im worried about right now. Im sure things will work themselves out with Reed as time goes on. It wouldnt be a good thing to lose a great kicker like Jeff Reed, but let's just see how things play out before we start assuming Reed is already out of here...

My Mood
    Impatient
    Reed is very accurate, but not doesnt have the strongest leg, I dont think he will get a huge contract from anyone. Besides, this means Reed is in his contract year, which could be good for us, it will be extra incentive to make the kicks.

My Mood
    Chatty
    I agree! Not worrying about that right now, he just better kick good this year is all I care about!!!

Thanks Steelers086 for my awesome signature!!!

Thanks for the new avatar SteelerBee!

He'll sign with the black & gold and retire a Steeler!

doubt it....kickers are a dime a dozen

My Mood
    colts-hater
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    doubt it....kickers are a dime a dozen
    Tell that to Bill Cowher when he was here because he always seemed to pick the worst kickers and stick with them until they ended up costing him an important game and then he cut them once it was too late. Todd Peterson comes to mind the last kicker we had in 2002 before we got rid of him and brought in Jeff Reed. Cowher stuck with him way too long when the guy was missing kicks constantly and it ended up costing the Steelers numerous games that season...

Rookie Free Agent
    Move over Reed, here comes another UDFA Czech next year.

I little surprised by the Hartwig extension. I thought this was going to be last year for him along with Clark. I see Mundy stepping in more as season goes on and next year was expecting Legursky and Stapleton battle for center. These two moves along with maybe Kirschke or Eason gone would free up money for Hampton signing.

Quote Originally Posted by Troyisabeast_43 View Post
    Tell that to Bill Cowher when he was here because he always seemed to pick the worst kickers and stick with them until they ended up costing him an important game and then he cut them once it was too late. Todd Peterson comes to mind the last kicker we had in 2002 before we got rid of him and brought in Jeff Reed. Cowher stuck with him way too long when the guy was missing kicks constantly and it ended up costing the Steelers numerous games that season...
    bill cowher is an assclown though....you can find a good kicker.

patriots let viniteri go to the colts for wayyyy to much money and they got a replacement who has been fine ever since

Gold Standard
    Kickers are not that hard to find. I think good punters are more rare. Most place kickers in the NFL are functional and only a few are game breakers. Let him walk if he wants to go kick for another team. I thought that Czech kicker had a stronger leg than Reed.
    http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_082009/home.parcoltop11.35513.ImageFile.jpg

Thread Information