Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fast Willie has career day !

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon

Fast Willie has career day !

Willie had a monster, career day today !

22 rushes, 213 yds, 2 TD's !!! Way to go buddy !!!! That's why we got him, breaking those long runs is what he does best !

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    they just said, he's the first person since barry sanders to have two 70+ yard gains.......i really like willie, espically when we use him like this, run after we pass, that's the best way to use willie, he is not a every down back that you can count on. but when used like he was today you can count on him everytime..
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Hot damn, Im proud of him. He did an awesome job today !!! He'll get those short gains and then bust out some HUGE runs.

He said he apologized to his team for barking out those comments last weekend, but he stepped up today.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Well I wasn't mad at Willie for making those comments. It was the truth. About time somebody stepped up. I forone always have stuck by Willie Parker and today he showed again the few in the Steelers Nation that he can be an every down RB in the NFL. The second most rushing yards in a game for a Steelers RB. What a day and hats off to the whole team for showing some guts and pulling out the win today. I'm proud of the whole team.

My only concerns where has the pass rush gone?

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    Well I wasn't mad at Willie for making those comments. It was the truth. About time somebody stepped up. I forone always have stuck by Willie Parker and today he showed again the few in the Steelers Nation that he can be an every down RB in the NFL. The second most rushing yards in a game for a Steelers RB. What a day and hats off to the whole team for showing some guts and pulling out the win today. I'm proud of the whole team.

My only concerns where has the pass rush gone?
    today didn't prove that at all, it just proved that he'll break long runs but other then that not have that good of a game....i hate to sound negative even though i'm really proud of what he did today, but today it did not prove that one bit, when you get 148 yards on 2 runs, that's not an every down back, if he would've got what he did on maybe 30 runs then ok, that proves he can be a every down back, but what he did today doesn't
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

SA's #1 James Farrior Fan PITT23's Avatar
    I thought he played well today on those outside runs which we probably should have been trying for a long time before this.
    :: Whoa, where the hell was I for 2 years?::

I hope Reggie Bush was taking notes because Parker put on a clinic today!!! Awesome job Parker just need to keep it up and do stuff like that one the road!!!

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by koopa View Post
    today didn't prove that at all, it just proved that he'll break long runs but other then that not have that good of a game....i hate to sound negative even though i'm really proud of what he did today, but today it did not prove that one bit, when you get 148 yards on 2 runs, that's not an every down back, if he would've got what he did on maybe 30 runs then ok, that proves he can be a every down back, but what he did today doesn't
    I agree with you Koopa. I have always liked Willie, just not as an every down back. We need to find a bigger back to mix in with him. That's not a knock on Willie. It's just the way you win games in the NFL. But if we do stay with the type of offense we have now we need to rebuild the D to match that style.

Satan's Helper SteelersfaninPhilly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelersfan View Post
    I agree with you Koopa. I have always liked Willie, just not as an every down back. We need to find a bigger back to mix in with him. That's not a knock on Willie. It's just the way you win games in the NFL. But if we do stay with the type of offense we have now we need to rebuild the D to match that style.
    We have the back in davenport to compliament Willie. Need to get him involved.

http://americanat.blogspot.com/

I'm blind, I'm deaf, I wanna be a ref! Get on your knees ref your blowing the game!

Big thank you to pa state Daryl Metcalfe. For doing the right thing.

Willie is not an every down short yardage back, that is true. But it is good to know that he has learned to muscle those few extra yards when he can't always break free. When given a hole or enough room around the corner he can break loose and the man got wheels so he hits nitro and blasts off!!! He did well in short yardage goal line situations with his speed to break through a small hole into the end zone or around the corner into the endzone. I agree that he needs a power back to compliment him and I think Davenport is a good answer to that for now, I also liked Davenport returning kicks today. He's not overly fast but he was reliable and powered through the lines pretty well.

Reggie Bush may have gotten his first touchdown in scrimmage today, but that was more a credit to a trick play than to his actual running ability. While he keeps complaining and expressing frustration about not being able to get the big runs Willie fought every down he played and made two huge ones against him. Maybe Reggie could learn a thing or two from how Willie has learned to handle his game. I'm loving Willie as our speed back right now and I hope the team can keep working on implementing him in a way that he can get those big runs more often!!

One thing is for sure:

Willie Parker > Reggie Bush

BuFu

Thread Information