Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Season Tickets Waiting List...

Bookmark and Share

Season Tickets Waiting List...

Hello,

If I place myself on the Season ticket waiting list does this entitle me to anything? Like Will I have access to a presale to buy regular season tickets?
    Is there a fee for being on the waiting list?
    How long is the waiting list currently? (10-20 years)?

Thanks in advance guys/gals...

All i know is that my brother placed himself on the list a few years ago and he has like 17or 18 years left

You are eligible to buy a couple tickets to regular season games and participate in the online purchase of unsold playoff tickets! I got two for the AFC Chanmionship last year!!
    greatfish
    john 21:17-21

Rookie Free Agent Richmond Rukus's Avatar
    They used to send out forms for regular season games for wait list members, but they have since stopped this, so now everyone has the same chance as wait list members to get regular season tickets. In fact, everyone had the same chance before as anyone could of called and requested a form, so regular season were always public sale, but a lot of people weren't aware of the ticket forms giving you a better chance at tickets. Playoff tickets used to be public sale, but now are reserved for wait list members and would go public sale for any tickets left. As a wait list member, you receive a mailing with a ticketmaster password to order tickets for playoff games.

Edit,

I believe they are filling requests for season tickets from requests submitted in 1995
    Last edited by Richmond Rukus; 09-01-2009 at 05:01 PM.

yea, I have been on the waiting list for about 5 years now. I just got a letter saying that they are giving the people who signed up on the list back in 1995 the chance to get season tickets. Its going to be a while, but well worth the wait!

STEELER NATION RULES
    My Mood
    Clowns
    Quote Originally Posted by Richmond Rukus View Post
    They used to send out forms for regular season games for wait list members, but they have since stopped this, so now everyone has the same chance as wait list members to get regular season tickets. In fact, everyone had the same chance before as anyone could of called and requested a form, so regular season were always public sale, but a lot of people weren't aware of the ticket forms giving you a better chance at tickets. Playoff tickets used to be public sale, but now are reserved for wait list members and would go public sale for any tickets left. As a wait list member, you receive a mailing with a ticketmaster password to order tickets for playoff games.

Edit,

I believe they are filling requests for season tickets from requests submitted in 1995
    I don't know about this, I still get the lists. I received one this year as well. I figure by the time I can get an offer for season tickets, I'll be able to afford it....

Quote Originally Posted by ejsteeler View Post
    I don't know about this, I still get the lists. I received one this year as well. I figure by the time I can get an offer for season tickets, I'll be able to afford it....
    If you are talking about regular season ticket sales and the forms, they now exclusively use ticketmaster to sell tickets.

Just a random question: How much do most tickets cost? On season ticket plans that is, not second hand.

STEELER NATION RULES
    My Mood
    Clowns
    Quote Originally Posted by Richmond Rukus View Post
    If you are talking about regular season ticket sales and the forms, they now exclusively use ticketmaster to sell tickets.
    All I can speak for is what I receive.

Quote Originally Posted by ejsteeler View Post
    All I can speak for is what I receive.
    I'm not sure how long you've been on the waiting list, but what they used to send out is a form in which you would # the Steelers home games 1-8, or however many games you were interested in, then send the form and check back to the Steelers ticket office. You were not guaranteed your first choice of games, so the more you numbered, the better your chances of receiving tickets. Now they send a mailing, not an order form, to give you information on when the tickets go on sale through ticketmaster. However, the sale is not exclusive to ticket wait list members as it is for playoff tickets, it is public. The ticket office no longer handles ticket sales.

Thread Information