Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Keisel close to sign a new deal...**Update** signs 5 yr deal

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Ratbirds
    With The extension of B Keisel, does this mean that Ziggy will be the NEW DT next year and the release/non-re-signing of C Hampton??

Just wondering if this is the line of thinking of the Head office at Steeler central?
    Oakland, Where Careers Go To Die!!!!!

http://myxilplik.mybrute.com

http://tironne.mybrute.com

i think it giv es them leverage... if nothing else! With Hoke and Ziggy i think big snack COULD be expendable! Especially if he want one more big deal!

Spectator
    My Mood
    Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by Callax View Post
    With The extension of B Keisel, does this mean that Ziggy will be the NEW DT next year and the release/non-re-signing of C Hampton??

Just wondering if this is the line of thinking of the Head office at Steeler central?
    Never thought about that, Ziggy did play DT.....
    "It is hard to wait around for something that you know may never happen;but it's even harder to let go when it's everything you want"
    -unknown

I think hood was ment to replace Aaron Smith, seeing that smith is getting kind of old... They are gonna draft a NT next year, im almost certain about that (If there is any true NT's available that is)
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

If Casey Hampton is gone after this season(which is extremely likely) I would love if the Steelers could find a way to draft Terrence Cody, DT, Alabama. This dude is huge and a complete stud.

This could be good investment for the Steelers: With all these team switching to 3-4, the market price will go up for him next year. With Hood in the fold for the next five years he could swing at both end positions and could free up a roster spot for someone else. Next up....Ryan Clark...Reed and Hampton, but we may have to wait until next season for those signings

Yeahhhh so does this mean that Clark and Big Snack get the kibosh?? It's gonna be hard saying goodbye to Hampton more than it would Clark even though I'm a fan of Clark.

My Mood
    Impatient
    The deal is done, 5 years, but does anyone know how much, he was slated to make 3.45 million this year, hopefully its a little less and with Stapes going on IR, we could still get one more player in this year, maybe?

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Yep just got the text from KDKA..this is a good move considering he's still got a good 5 years left in him so this contract should work out nicely. He's an impact player that does a lot more than just rush the passer; he's quick enough to drop into coverage but strong enough to hold his blocks and let the LB's do their thing.

Steelers re-sign Keisel for five years
    Monday, August 31, 2009
    By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Defensive end Brett Keisel signed a five-year contract this afternoon, most likely the final player the Steelers will sign until after the season.

Keisel was among a large group of starters entering their final season under contract. The Steelers have a policy that once the regular season starts, they no longer will negotiate contract extensions.

Among those starters who will enter their final year under contract are nose tackle Casey Hampton, halfback Willie Parker, tackle Willie Colon, safety Ryan Clark, center Justin Hartwig and kicker Jeff Reed.

Keisel, 30, has been their starter on the right side of their defense since 2006. He is now under contract through 2013.

Keisel, represented by Monroeville native Eric Metz, was a seventh-round draft choice in 2002 from Brigham Young. He has started 42 games since 2006, although he missed six regular season starts last season because of knee and calf injuries.

Among others who signed contracts this year were linebacker James Harrison, guard Chris Kemoeatu, tackle Max Starks, guard Trai Essex, tight end Heath Miller, wide receiver Hines Ward and linebacker Keyaron Fox.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

Thread Information