Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pre-season, WAS vs PIT: 17-13 Final (Observations)

Bookmark and Share

Pre-season, WAS vs PIT: 17-13 Final (Observations)

Observations:

1. That guy y`all have returning kicks...Logan, was it? He is ridiculous! He had me freaking out on every return. Dynamic stuff.

2. Our O-line was dramatically improved this week. It was like night & day with those guys.

3. Mendenhall is something special.

4. So is Brian Orakpo. Wow.

5. Wow at the refs. I know it's preseason..but damn. You guys got screwed on a horrible intentional grounding call and we got knocked for a weak late hit call. On top of it there were a lot of procedural issues. Wacky. My memory isn't what it used to be, but I didn't recognize the ref. New guy, maybe?

6. Your defense is the most dangerous in the League and this game reemphasized it. When the first team was out y`all were dominant (our opening drive excluded).

After that...if I were worried about anything for Pittsburgh, it'd be your depth guys on the O-Line..they were just getting run over in the second half. Not encouraging should one of your core guys go down. As for Washington, they reeeeally need to work on their kick coverage. They also need discipline..too many silly, drive-extending penalties.

Good game Pittsburgh. Fun stuff, some crazyness, some excitement. And most important no significant injuries on either side. That's always a blessing in a pre-season game. Hopefully we'll get to play one more game against each other this season, in February.

SA's Biggest Fan
    My Mood
    Stressed
    Very decent post Slug. I pretty much agree your observations...and sure hope that watching tape this week will help our guys not get so many costly penalties come next game. Max Starks was the old Max again--lettin' everyone run around and through him.

Good observations ,dont be a stranger and keep coming around !!

BITE ME ICS!...Woodsonsgirl

Gold Standard
    Game got pretty sloppy there in the second half. Was hoping to see a little more of Isaac Redman. Joe Burnett cost us the game on the fumble. Rookie mistakes. Of course thats what we thought of Willie Reid too, but he never stopped dropping those punts.

I am looking forward to one of our quarterbacks actually throwing the ball out in front of Mike Wallace for once! What good is all that speed if he consistently has to stop and wait for the ball?

Sweed had some nice grabs except for that one drop.

Logan did a great job on returns! He may have just made the team with that exhibition he put on!

Didn't see the Tank at all, is he hurt?

D-Sep will definitely make a difference this year.

Not concerned about a pre-season loss. Remember Detroit was 4-0 in last years pre-season.

Ben is what makes this team championship caliber. We would not go far on the talent of Batch or Dixon.
    http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_082009/home.parcoltop11.35513.ImageFile.jpg

good to know that the showing outclassed the scoreline!
    keep us posted guys and gals!

score never matters, its execution....i cant wait to see the game on replay

everyone needs to get used to the oline sucking and a drop here or there by sweed....its not really a huge issue with sweed though

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    score never matters, its execution....i cant wait to see the game on replay

everyone needs to get used to the oline sucking and a drop here or there by sweed....its not really a huge issue with sweed though
    I'm not hating on Sweed so don't twist it that way....But both of his drops this pre-season have happened on third down....lol that is a issue execution to keep the changes moving.....Limas has it all to succeed in the NFL and the only thing holding him back is concentration...lol once he gets that down then he will be unstoppable......I still think he will have a solid season this year.....

drops are part of the game....i think he will just get better and better until its a non issue

Sweed will be fine. He has come along great. give him a little time. Plus with Mike Wallace coming in and giving him immediate competition it will only help him in becoming a better and more complete reciever. As Train said, drops are a part of the game. Sweed will EXPLODE!! just wait.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackGold4vr View Post
    Game got pretty sloppy there in the second half. Was hoping to see a little more of Isaac Redman. Joe Burnett cost us the game on the fumble. Rookie mistakes. Of course thats what we thought of Willie Reid too, but he never stopped dropping those punts.

I am looking forward to one of our quarterbacks actually throwing the ball out in front of Mike Wallace for once! What good is all that speed if he consistently has to stop and wait for the ball?

Sweed had some nice grabs except for that one drop.

Logan did a great job on returns! He may have just made the team with that exhibition he put on!

Didn't see the Tank at all, is he hurt?

D-Sep will definitely make a difference this year.

Not concerned about a pre-season loss. Remember Detroit was 4-0 in last years pre-season.

Ben is what makes this team championship caliber. We would not go far on the talent of Batch or Dixon.
    I agree. And Frank Summers had a hamstring injury

Thread Information