Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First round cuts

Bookmark and Share

First round cuts

Stapleton on injured reserve; Steelers cut 4 others
    Monday, August 31, 2009
    By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
    The Steelers today placed offensive lineman Darnell Stapleton on injured reserve, ending his season. They also released four players: center Alex Stepanovich, wide receivers Martin Nance and Steven Black and safety Derrick Richardson.
    Stapleton became their starting right guard last season after an early injury to Kendall Simmons. Stapleton moved over to center to start training camp when Justin Hartwig reported with a broken big toe.
    However, one week into camp, Stapleton stopped practicing because of a knee problem. He had arthroscopic surgery to remove loose cartilage, which was supposed to sideline him for about three or four weeks.
    Trai Essex, in the meantime, had taken over at right guard and Hartwig has since returned to assume his position at center.
    More details in tomorrow's Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09243...#ixzz0PmusTKGi

My Mood
    Clowns
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelCityKid5 View Post
    Stapleton on injured reserve; Steelers cut 4 others
    Monday, August 31, 2009
    By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
    The Steelers today placed offensive lineman Darnell Stapleton on injured reserve, ending his season. They also released four players: center Alex Stepanovich, wide receivers Martin Nance and Steven Black and safety Derrick Richardson.
    Stapleton became their starting right guard last season after an early injury to Kendall Simmons. Stapleton moved over to center to start training camp when Justin Hartwig reported with a broken big toe.
    However, one week into camp, Stapleton stopped practicing because of a knee problem. He had arthroscopic surgery to remove loose cartilage, which was supposed to sideline him for about three or four weeks.
    Trai Essex, in the meantime, had taken over at right guard and Hartwig has since returned to assume his position at center.
    More details in tomorrow's Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09243...#ixzz0PmusTKGi
    Makes having depth on the offensive line now for the rest of the season even more important then before. Hopefully guys like Legursky,Hills and Urbik are ready to step up if need be...

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel
    Thank god i dont have to see Darnell in a Steelers Uni this year

Hopefully next year we draft some good OL and maybe his Steelers career is over

Now if we can only find a quality starting center (not just backups) and a LT and wed be in there!
    - Zachintosh66 (SCM 1135)

2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)

[ T-Wolves Web | T-Wolves FB | My Xbox Live: zachintosh66 ]

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I was really hoping to see Nance be able to make the team this year especially with Nate gone and Sweed stepping up into his spot, making his chances better than before but it wasn't meant to be I guess.

My Mood
    Clowns
    Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    I was really hoping to see Nance be able to make the team this year especially with Nate gone and Sweed stepping up into his spot, making his chances better than before but it wasn't meant to be I guess.
    This receiving core with Hines,Holmes,Sweed,along with the awesome emergence of a rookie like Mike Wallace and adding a veteran like Shaun McDonald into the mix are going to be fine and make a big big impact on how this Steelers offense performs all year. I love this receiving core and think it's one of the best ones the Steelers have fielded in years...

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I don't doubt it, if Sweed continues to grow and get better this group we have now could be the best we've seen in a long long time. Hopefully the days of having 2 good WR's and no consistent depth are long gone. Last year Washington finally started to come more for us which was nice since Limas couldn't consistently catch anything but a cold...lol.

Gold Standard
    Quote Originally Posted by Troyisabeast_43 View Post
    This receiving core with Hines,Holmes,Sweed,along with the awesome emergence of a rookie like Mike Wallace and adding a veteran like Shaun McDonald into the mix are going to be fine and make a big big impact on how this Steelers offense performs all year. I love this receiving core and think it's one of the best ones the Steelers have fielded in years...

I agree with you. This receiving corps is explosive and will make plenty of big plays this season.
    http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_082009/home.parcoltop11.35513.ImageFile.jpg

Recievers are looking good right now , looks like Sweed is ready to make the transition.

BITE ME ICS!...Woodsonsgirl

Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    I don't doubt it, if Sweed continues to grow and get better this group we have now could be the best we've seen in a long long time.
    +100000000000000000 this receiving core is SCARY good
    RIDICULOUSLY good looking...

Starter
    hopefully we are able to utilize them more effectively , in terms of Ben having enough time to find the open guy as well as enough respect for the run game to keep people even remotely interested in crowding the box against us

Thread Information