Thread: Keiwan Ratliff

Bookmark and Share

Keiwan Ratliff

I haven't heard his name yet, anything shaking??

I really don't think Keiwan is going to contribute very much this year. I think he's going to be buried down the depth chart behind Ike Taylor, William Gay, Deshea Townsend, Keanan Lewis and Joe Burnett. Now I'm not saying that Keenan Lewis and Joe Burnett are going to immediately be ahead of him on the depth chart but from what I've seen from them in college and what I've read in training camp, I think these guys are both gonna contribute, especially on special teams. Keanan Lewis is a monster and a carbon copy of Ike Taylor ( he's a little shorter than Ike and weighs more but they're style of play is almost identical) , he's big, physical, and a hell of a tackler who can help in run support. Joe Burnett has some raw talent but he's a monster. He's only 5'9" and doesn't run a great 40 but this kid is football fast and his insticts are ridiculous. Joe Burnett is gonna be battling Mike Wallace and Stefan Logan for one of the 2 kick return spots and I see him beating out Stefan logan for the primary punt returner. Having Mike Wallace and Joe Burnett on kick return could potentially be scarey for other teams. They will be an immediate upgrade over Carey Davis and Gary Russell.

Starter
    i would not get to caught up w/ Burnett's 40 .. look at his 3 cone = second best at the combine , that is a much better measure of football speed ... he is very strong as well (22 reps) .. most important are his football instincts and return skills .. sure he had some awesome highlights, but what impressed me is a bunch of returns which looked like 5 yards at the most and he turned them into 15 yard returns fighting through traffic ..

Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post
    I really don't think Keiwan is going to contribute very much this year. I think he's going to be buried down the depth chart behind Ike Taylor, William Gay, Deshea Townsend, Keanan Lewis and Joe Burnett. Now I'm not saying that Keenan Lewis and Joe Burnett are going to immediately be ahead of him on the depth chart but from what I've seen from them in college and what I've read in training camp, I think these guys are both gonna contribute, especially on special teams. Keanan Lewis is a monster and a carbon copy of Ike Taylor ( he's a little shorter than Ike and weighs more but they're style of play is almost identical) , he's big, physical, and a hell of a tackler who can help in run support. Joe Burnett has some raw talent but he's a monster. He's only 5'9" and doesn't run a great 40 but this kid is football fast and his insticts are ridiculous. Joe Burnett is gonna be battling Mike Wallace and Stefan Logan for one of the 2 kick return spots and I see him beating out Stefan logan for the primary punt returner. Having Mike Wallace and Joe Burnett on kick return could potentially be scarey for other teams. They will be an immediate upgrade over Carey Davis and Gary Russell.
    Say it with me now, "the enter button is my friend, it makes my brain hurt less when I read"

Now then, you would have him (Ratliff) as the 6th corner, which unless he is good at anything else (he is not) means he will be cut. 6 corners is an unnecessarily large amount.

Keenan Lewis is much slower and overall less athletic than Ike Taylor. He also is not exactly a "hell of a tackler" IIRC (it's been a while. I'm rusty.) I think in college he wasn't the most physical person, if I'm wrong please correct me here.

*Keenan Lewis is being labeled “the most impressive rookie of the group” after a week of training camp. This is great news if you ask me. With McFadden now playing in Arizona, the Steelers need Lewis to step into the role that William Gay had last season. Teams will once again try to spread the Steelers defense out and if guys like Lewis and Burnett can get onto the field in Nickel and Dime packages and flash their speed and playmaking skills, the overall team defense will be just as good as they were last season.

lewis is a big, physical corner and he is alot slower than ike but ike is a freak. lewis is honestly just like malcolm jenkins, size, speed, stats, all almost identical.

im friends with lewis on facebook and the man grinds hard, hes ****ing jacked. hes got good hands and is an overall good athlete. i expect big things from him even if its at FS

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    You can't have too much depth at any one position so if having Ratliff arounds helps us in no other area then being able to afford some injuries along the way and not fall apart then it's all the better.

Thread Information