Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OL Updates...

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel

OL Updates...

Pint-sized kick returner Stefan Logan was activated from the PUP list in the morning, but last year’s starting right guard, Darnell Stapleton, could be lost for a while. He came to camp with a problematic knee, but sat out both practices yesterday as he walked gingerly around campus.

“His knee acts up every now and then,” Tomlin said of the 23-year-old. “We’re actually taking a look at him (Monday). I’ll have more information in the morning or (Tuesday) afternoon.”

With Justin Hartwig also sidelined with a toe injury, Doug Legursky is now the center. Legursky was a three-year center at Marshall University. He made the Steelers’ practice squad last season as an undrafted rookie.

--- Added 8/4/2009 at 10:20 AM ---

Stapleton awaiting MRI results. When asked if possibly out 4 season: "I dont know."
    Last edited by Zachintosh66; 08-04-2009 at 11:20 AM.
    - Zachintosh66 (SCM 1135)

2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)

[ T-Wolves Web | T-Wolves FB | My Xbox Live: zachintosh66 ]

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    I hope they can stay healthy, or else the Line might suffer more riticule than last year.
    Does any one know if Doug Legursky is any good? AQ Shipley might be bumped up to starting role... I know, it is VERY early into training camp...
    let's see what happens.
    Last edited by Callax; 08-04-2009 at 02:25 PM.
    Oakland, Where Careers Go To Die!!!!!

http://myxilplik.mybrute.com

http://tironne.mybrute.com

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel
    Doug Legursky, AQ Shipley - both have short arm problems, but both a fiesty. I guess Doug looks like a brick shithouse with his pads off. Thats about all i know so far

Heard Hills has been pathetic and Urbik only a step above that so far...

2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)

legursky is an absolute freak in the weight room, hes got the arm problem but he could hold his own at the very least.

anyone hear anything on essex? i heard he was looking jacked

Sounds like he's having a good showing:

http://nflfromthesidelines.blogspot.com/
    "Happy Happy Happy"

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    If Stapleton is lost for any significant amount of time it's going to create depth issues right off the bat. This is the time when you want your OL together the most, during TC and right away we've got injury issues. yeah it gives the new guys a chance to get good practice time with the rest of the vets but still you want your starting group to get together as much as possible. Let's face it they can use all the work they can get.

Perhaps this paves the way for guys like Legursky to step up and make a name for themselves from the get go and lets us find a diamond in the rough that we might otherwise not have discovered so quickly.

All the reports I've read so far are showing Colon looking better than ever, if he can just for the love of God stop getting flagged for holding at the worse times then he might just be something special.

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

also sounds like Capizzi, Doug L, Parquet, Ramon F all have ligitimate shots at making the team. (not all tho)

Shippley will be in the mix but prolly PS at first unless injuries

--- Added 8/4/2009 at 01:35 PM ---

Good post latrobe... here is a brief.

The biggest news out of Latrobe right now is Darnell Stapleton's balky knee. The sore knee kept him out of practice on Monday and Tuesday morning and he was sent for an MRI.

But Stapleton was at lunch today with no brace on the knee, so that's probably a good sign.

I don't think it will matter, however, at the right guard position. As I said this spring, I think Stapleton's top competition at that spot will come from veteran Trai Essex, not rookie Kraig Urbik.

And, just a few days into camp, it's looking more and more likely that Essex will be the Steelers starting right guard this season.

If you're looking for more proof here, know that Jason Capizzi is spending a decent amount of time working at guard as well as tackle.

Capizzi has made some big improvements and even though at 6-9, he'd be the tallest guard in history, the team is beginning to look for that game day replacement for Essex - their Jack of all trades.

i would LOVE essex at guard, he would have been badass from day one at guard

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    i would LOVE essex at guard, he would have been badass from day one at guard
    From what i heard Essex is being the best guard in Latrobe atm. He has been training HEAVILY during off-seaon, and he has stated that he is in his best shape ever.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

Rookie Free Agent
    The line needs to stay the same all year. There can not be any injuries to the OL

Thread Information