Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What to do with Big Ben if he loses case?

Bookmark and Share
    Draft Pick

What to do with Big Ben if he loses case?

In the past the Steelers have got rid of players that have been convicted of conduct unbecoming of a Steeler. Know I know they have made a few exceptions but what should the Steelers do and the NFL for that matter if Big Ben is found to have done what he is accused of?
    This is a moral question....I personally don't think that he is going to be found wrong but I don't know all the detail nor do I want to speculate until all is brought out. All I know is that what ever the out come I want this over with and finished because what is important is the Steelers playing football......
    Also consider this.....if found in civil court to have done this is it worse than what Michael Vick did to dog?

Gold Standard
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelCurtainYinzer View Post
    In the past the Steelers have got rid of players that have been convicted of conduct unbecoming of a Steeler. Know I know they have made a few exceptions but what should the Steelers do and the NFL for that matter if Big Ben is found to have done what he is accused of?
    This is a moral question....I personally don't think that he is going to be found wrong but I don't know all the detail nor do I want to speculate until all is brought out. All I know is that what ever the out come I want this over with and finished because what is important is the Steelers playing football......
    Also consider this.....if found in civil court to have done this is it worse than what Michael Vick did to dog?

The woman waiting a full year before making the allegation has ensured that this will be a scandalous "he said, she said" civil suit. They cannot try this case in criminal court because if a crime occurred the evidence needed to be collected within hours after it happened. If the sex was forced there would be signs of forced entry. This clearly looks like a woman trying to cash in on a one nighter with a celebrity. Why aren't criminal charges being filed? Because it can't be proven a year after the fact. I hope she gets nothing and has to pay all of her own legal fees.
    http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_082009/home.parcoltop11.35513.ImageFile.jpg

Polamalu Island or Seattle. Its the same place.
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Send him to the Browns. What could be worse?
    Be who you are, become what you dream....

nothing will come of this

In answer to your question...
    if "Ben is found to have done what he is accused of" then I am all for getting rid of him and seeing him pay the price for his actions..... HOWEVER, I totally agree with BlackGold4vr, since this is not a criminal investigation it will never amount to more than 'he said, she said' unless Ben comes forward and admits to doing it. (and that just will not happen.)
    I agree with Ktrain that nothing will come of this. I also think that since Ben's statement today that the media attention will even start to die down soon and by the end of training camp it will have been a thing of the past. JMO.
    As far as Dean's suggestion..... sending him to the Stains is worse than being sentenced to life in jail!

"Here's an idea! Don't worry about sports and run the ****ing country!!!" - PsychoWard to Obama

Awaiting Seven...
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    Agreed.

Draft Pick
    While I agree that nothing will come or I hope that to be the case. I just wonder how a civil case will be looked at vs a full criminal trial...I say this because OJ was no convicted in his murder case but was ordered to pay in the civil case and in the eyes of most he was then convicted of murder.....the same this with Michael Jackson....never convicted in court. Paid money out and then was considered to be convicted of molestation.....
    I will also say that any sports personality or entertainer who is accused of any sexual allegation or major felony offense always has that stigma on their shoulders regardless.
    I would imagine this is a huge delima for the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Starter

agree

steelers are gonna handle this well and i really dont expect ben to budge if he didnt do it. this will be alot of nothing and thats that, no one will call ben a rapist like people call ray lewis a murderer

Quote Originally Posted by SteelCurtainYinzer View Post
    While I agree that nothing will come or I hope that to be the case. I just wonder how a civil case will be looked at vs a full criminal trial...I say this because OJ was no convicted in his murder case but was ordered to pay in the civil case and in the eyes of most he was then convicted of murder.....the same this with Michael Jackson....never convicted in court. Paid money out and then was considered to be convicted of molestation.....
    I will also say that any sports personality or entertainer who is accused of any sexual allegation or major felony offense always has that stigma on their shoulders regardless.
    I would imagine this is a huge delima for the Pittsburgh Steelers.
    Sure, OJ wasn't convicted 'at trial', but for those of us who followed the trial we know that was ONLY because he had slick *** lawyers... not because he wasn't guilty.

I agree about the 'stigma on his shoulders' thing. Some people (Ratbird & Stain fans mostly) will always consider him guilty even if it's found in civil court that he isn't. I said in another post that it's a shame that accusations alone can have a lasting effect on someone's life like this. The only thing that will make this all cleared up for Ben is if this woman admits she lied about the whole thing. (if that's the case.)

--- Added 7/23/2009 at 06:28 PM ---

....no one will call ben a rapist like people call ray lewis a murderer
    Sorry... I gotta disagree here. See my previous post regarding Ratbird & Stain fans!

"Here's an idea! Don't worry about sports and run the ****ing country!!!" - PsychoWard to Obama

Thread Information