Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pirates not wanting to be Pirates Anymore...

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by Prosdo View Post
    Interesting to see how this all pans out. I'd hate to see both of these guys leave.

The pirates offer was an insulting low ball offer that neither one did or should accept....

they are better players and the managemant was trying to make them look bad in the paper about not taking the offers...
    I do not know if i want to support a team that has mismanageed itself in such a terrible way for nearly
    2 decades!!!

getting average players, terrible drafts, horrible Free agency signings, trading away any decent players for has beens or never will-be's....
    The fans are seriously running out of patience!!!
    This area of fans have proven that if you put a winning product on the field, diamond, or ice, they will support you!!!!!!!
    so do that!!!!
    Oakland, Where Careers Go To Die!!!!!

http://myxilplik.mybrute.com

http://tironne.mybrute.com

Reppin' 724
    Quote Originally Posted by Callax View Post
    The pirates offer was an insulting low ball offer that neither one did or should accept....

they are better players and the managemant was trying to make them look bad in the paper about not taking the offers...
    I do not know if i want to support a team that has mismanageed itself in such a terrible way for nearly
    2 decades!!!

getting average players, terrible drafts, horrible Free agency signings, trading away any decent players for has beens or never will-be's....
    The fans are seriously running out of patience!!!
    This area of fans have proven that if you put a winning product on the field, diamond, or ice, they will support you!!!!!!!
    so do that!!!!
    Ill support them whether they win or not. They players on the field deserve our support...they aren't the ones making crappy front office moves.

Gold Standard

Hopeless

I would love to see the Pirates compete again. Forget about championships, I just want them to still be in the conversation come September. When is the last time they were a factor in a pennant race except for supplementing other teams rosters? I now believe that the Pirates hopes are about the same as the Raiders. Until they get owners who care more about winning than the profit margin they will continue to serve as a MLB punchline in baseball jokes. I grew up watching Parker, Stargell, Clemente and the likes. I believe some empty promises were made when the team was begging fans to build them a new stadium. Still waiting to break out of the bottom 3 lowest payroll in baseball category.
    http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_082009/home.parcoltop11.35513.ImageFile.jpg

Thread Information