Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Roethlisberger Accused of Sexual Assault

Bookmark and Share

Roethlisberger Accused of Sexual Assault

Roethlisberger denies civil allegations of sexual assault

Posted by Mike Florio on July 20, 2009 8:57 PM ET
    In a complaint that reads like the rape allegations made several years ago against NBA star Kobe Bryant, Harrah's employee Andrea McNulty alleges sexual assault against Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger in a lawsuit filed last week in Washoe County, Nevada.

But lawyer David Cornwell strongly denied the allegations Monday night, in a statement released to PFT. "Ben has never sexually assaulted anyone; especially Andrea McNulty," Cornwell said.

In the civil suit, which Cornwell confirms was served on Roethlisberger over the weekend and a copy of which our own Gregg Rosenthal has obtained, McNulty alleges that Roethlisberger asked her to come to his hotel room to fix the television, and that he thereafter forced her to have sex with him.

Roethlisberger faces one civil count of assault, one civil count of sexual assault and battery, one civil count of false imprisonment, one civil count of false pretenses, one civil count of fraud, and one civil count of intentonal infliction of emtional distress.

McNulty also claims that the coworkers named in the complaint thereafter defamed her by making allegedly false and inflammatory statements, and by allegedly serving as aiders and abettors of Roethlisberger's alleged misconduct after the fact.

Cornwell, a finalist for the position of NFLPA Executive Director who has represented in the recent past Saints running back Reggie Bush and Browns receiver Donte' Stallworth, points to the fact that no criminal complaint has been filed, and that no criminal investigation has occurred.

"The timing of the lawsuit and the absence of a criminal complaint and a criminal investigation are the most compelling evidence of the absence of any criminal conduct," Cornwell said. "If an investigation is commenced, Ben will cooperate fully and Ben will be fully exonerated."

It's unknown at this point whether McNulty ever has attempted to file criminal charges as a result of the incident, which allegedly occurred in July 2008.

"Ben will not be baited into a public discussion about his personal life, but we will defend
    him vigorously," Cornwell said. "The limited value that Ms. McNulty derived from public disclosure of these viciously false allegations is the only value she will ever receive from Ben in this case."

Regardless of how this one turns out, it has the potential to serve as a significant distraction for Roethlisberger as the 2009 season approaches, especially if the lawsuit triggers a criminal probe.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    looks like another one of those offseasons...

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    typical white bitch....trying to get money she doesn't deserve
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

Stuck in damned cincinnati ..Raised in western pa
    Quote Originally Posted by Koopa View Post
    agreed

If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -- Jack Lambert, 1990 HOF Induction Speech

My Mood
    Impatient
    Just when I was convinced it was going to be a quiet offseason, this happens. Man, I wish people wouldnt do crap for a fast buck. She is just hoping he will pay her to make it go away.

My Mood
    Pimp
    "The timing of the lawsuit and the absence of a criminal complaint and a criminal investigation are the most compelling evidence of the absence of any criminal conduct," Cornwell said. "If an investigation is commenced, Ben will cooperate fully and Ben will be fully exonerated."
    Enough said...

He should counter sue for defamation...

This all allegedly happened a year ago? No criminal charges? Unfortunately it's something that comes with being a superstar multi millionare QB. It's a shame and I hope it blows over quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by No l Gravity l View Post
    "Ben has never sexually assaulted anyone; especially Andrea McNulty," Cornwell said.
    I take this him slamming Andrea. You have to be kidding me, Ben would never assault anyone and IF he did it would be with a hot chick not some smelly ugly *** bitch like you.
    "When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself."
    -Wayne Dyer

Quote Originally Posted by Koopa View Post
    That's funny.... I didn't read anywhere in this story where it mentions her race. You're just trying to add the racial spin, right? That's a little lame, don't you think?

Now, if you'd have left out the 'white' and just called her a 'typical bitch' then I'd have agreed with you 100%.

This whole story stinks to high heaven. No criminal charges nor a criminal investigation a year ago when this supposedly happened? If Ben would've raped this woman certainly she would've brought it to the authorities attention at the time so evidence could've been collected.

This is nothing more than some money hungry broad and her lawyer trying to get a big payday from Ben.

"Here's an idea! Don't worry about sports and run the ****ing country!!!" - PsychoWard to Obama

Awaiting Seven...
    I personally believe that this woman is just looking for money, and wants to put Ben in a bad light. I hope this goes away quickly and doesn't linger into training camp, or the season.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    "The limited value that Ms. McNulty derived from public disclosure of these viciously false allegations is the only value she will ever receive from Ben in this case."
    That's what you want to hear, the lawyers for Ben going full steam ahead and making sure this worthless, punk ***, chick doesn't get any money for this. It's bad enough she gets her 15 minutes of fame at Ben's expense.

Conveniently this comes to light just before traning camp is going to start.

What a freakin mess!

F'N gold diggin WHORE!

Thread Information