Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Former Browns TE Kellen Winslow reveals staph details

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Pimp

Former Browns TE Kellen Winslow reveals staph details

Cleveland...what a shithole...

Former Browns tight end Kellen Winslow reveals details concerning his staph infection last season in an article that appears in the July 27 edition of ESPN The Magazine.

Winslow told ESPN's Seth Wickersham that he had to have fluid drailed from his testicles to play in an Oct. 19 game at Washington. Afterward, an angry Winslow told the media that the way the Browns treated him during his hospitalization made him feel "like a piece of meat." His remarks, directed at former general manager Phil Savage, drew a one-game suspension that was later rescinded.

Winslow told Wickersham that he woke up one October morning sore in the groin area, but figured the problem would go away. Winslow said by the next morning "my testicles were enlarged, to the point where it hurt to walk."

He was rushed to the Cleveland Clinic. Because the team would not release any details until there was an official diagnosis, rumors spread that Winslow had a sexually transmitted disease. According to Wickersham, Winslow's publicist texted the Browns' PR staff, "Because of speculation (sic) and rumors we are letting the media know that Kellen was treated for a 'staph infection' resulted (sic) from a cut he acquired from a car door — stretching the truth a bit, but it will dispell (sic) the rumors and inuendos (sic)."

http://www.ohiomm.com/blogs/browns/2...staph-details/

Well, if he complains about anything in Tampa, it won't be One Buc Place, the new Bucs training facility. So far, he seems genuinely enthused about playing for the Bucs...I hope he has a great year and this is all behind him.

This article reveals more about Winslow the man and not actually about the staph infection. It is still not clear how he got the staph infection. The article makes the Browns organization look even more shameful.

BuFu

okay.. I don't know squat about staph infections... but reading this article makes it sound to me like he cut his nuts on a car door. WTF??

"Winslow said by the next morning "my testicles were enlarged, to the point where it hurt to walk."

THAT'S GOTTA SUCK!!!!

"Here's an idea! Don't worry about sports and run the ****ing country!!!" - PsychoWard to Obama

Quote Originally Posted by lloydfan4life View Post
    okay.. I don't know squat about staph infections... but reading this article makes it sound to me like he cut his nuts on a car door. WTF??

"Winslow said by the next morning "my testicles were enlarged, to the point where it hurt to walk."

THAT'S GOTTA SUCK!!!!
    This story's gotta make you guys cringe, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Bucsfan4ever View Post
    This story's gotta make you guys cringe, huh?

"Here's an idea! Don't worry about sports and run the ****ing country!!!" - PsychoWard to Obama

Reading this story is making my nuts hurt.

The whole stapth infection thing and cleveland is weird. If you guys ever been there (most likely not) The browns training facility and the cleveland clinic are really great places. state of the art, beautiful places.

I bet the browns won't have another staff infection for a long time. The cleveland clinic will lock up the players in bubbles.

http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/team/facility.php

BTW- how is it clevelands fault he cut himself on his car door? to get a staph infection it would have to be a pretty good size cut. Which he did not take care of.
    Last edited by dawgs; 07-21-2009 at 10:55 AM.

My Mood
    Chatty
    So IF he cut his nuts on a car door, how is this the Browns facility's fault?? I"m so confused!! And how did he cut them on the door, was he naked? did he have tights or pantyhose on that would allow a cut to occur? We need more details??? I could see if he had a total knee done and the trainers were not cleaning it out correctly then I could see where staph would happen there..Perhaps he didn't clean his jock strap after each game.....It's a biatch isn't it???

Thanks Steelers086 for my awesome signature!!!

Thanks for the new avatar SteelerBee!

Quote Originally Posted by dawgs View Post
    The whole stapth infection thing and cleveland is weird. If you guys ever been there (most likely not) The browns training facility and the cleveland clinic are really great places. state of the art, beautiful places.

I bet the browns won't have another staff infection for a long time. The cleveland clinic will lock up the players in bubbles.

http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/team/facility.php

BTW- how is it clevelands fault he cut himself on his car door? to get a staph infection it would have to be a pretty good size cut. Which he did not take care of.
    The Cleveland Browns' training facility in Berea, Ohio has been known to the source of Browns players getting staph infections. Most often these staph infections occurred while the players were receiving treatment or rehabilitating after a previous injury or surgery. Does LeCharles Bentley ring a bell?

Kellen Winslow did not cut himself on his car door. That story was released by his publicist to the media in order to prevent any rumors that Winslow was in the hospital to treat an STD. Besides, the testicles don't get swollen because you cut your finger on a car door.

BuFu

Thread Information