Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Steelers Clark in negotiations

Bookmark and Share
    Tailgate Coordinator

Post Steelers Clark in negotiations

Ryan Clark-DB-Steelers Jun. 26 - 10:13 am et

NFL Network's Jason LaCanfora reports that the Steelers and Ryan Clark have had contract extension discussions.
    It sounds like a deal could get done before training camp. Clark was undrafted out of LSU, but plays far bigger than his size and has proven to be a perfect complement to Troy Polamalu. He's expected to be ready for camp after undergoing shoulder surgery this offseason.

per rotoworld

I really hope this signing gets done. All I want for the rest of the offseason is Clark, Miller, and Reed to be resigned. Clark has been a great safety and keeping him next to Troy will give us a great safety duo for years to come.

I'm A "Champion"

My Mood
    Impatient
    I dont think they are going to worry about Miller unless there is another CBA in place. Otherwise he will be restricted free agent, so I think Miller in that regard is low on their priority list.

Chairman of the Board Iron City South's Avatar
    Clark is very underrated in our Defense and should be considered a key cog in making the scheme work. Many were worried when we lost Hope to the Titans, but Clark made us forget about Hope than even Hope would have hoped ...
    "The most interesting man on SA ... stay thirsty my friends"

My Mood
    jaguars-hater
    Heath Miller will be resigned to a long term deal you can pretty much take that to the bank. As for Clark this is great news hearing that the Steelers want to extend him and keep him here it appears for many years. The Steelers front office like always doing the job on the guys that have one year left on their contracts already taking care of Hines Ward and in the process of signing Clark to a new deal that will keep him here for many years to come. And as I mentioned to start this post Miller will be signed longterm and isnt going anywhere...

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Locking in Clark is big for us, if they can do that before camp and it sounds like they can we'll have an intact Secondary for years to come.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Clark deserves to be resigned.......He is the enforcer in the secondary for the Steelers defense.....

Starter
    When Clark is healthy the D is noticeably better , especially Troy .. I wonder if in the LR Kennan Lewis moves to FS or if Mundy is better suited for that position/role as his backup , I guess there a lot of what-ifs in this case
    Last edited by andyg1984; 06-26-2009 at 06:59 PM. Reason: forgot to say I was wondering who is sps 2 be clark's BU

Clark is definetly a true Steeler,,,,,,I love his aggresive nature and the way he brings the "NOISE"

Awaiting Seven...
    It would be great to see Clark get an extension. I love his style of play, and he is definitely intimidating to any wide receiver, who comes across the middle.

I love Clark. When Hope left us and I saw we were going after Clark, I read somewhere about him, "He can hit as hard as Hope and play better coverage." Yeah I'd say that's true. Clark is a true Steeler

Thread Information