Thread: Your most memorable football season is:

Bookmark and Share
    SA Affiliate - Sports Jabber Deb's Avatar

Your most memorable football season is:

Your most memorable football season is: Think back to your most memorable football season. Give a brief summary of it, and let us know what it is that burned into your memory.

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel
    XL... it was my Dads and G-Pas final Steeler season. My Dad passed that following April of liver cancer and my G-Pa only 2 weeks later with Kidney Failure/Heart Disease. Super Bowl was the last football game they watched for that matter. It seemed like everything was unfolding just for us... pretty special
    - Zachintosh66 (SCM 1135)

2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)

[ T-Wolves Web | T-Wolves FB | My Xbox Live: zachintosh66 ]

'95 season when we had an awesome defense and our offense wasn't too shabby !!!!

after 1/2 time of Superbowl XXX ,,,,,,,, I really thought we were gonna win it,we shut down there offense and those two key int's just killed us I only count the 2 that realy affected the outcome.

I'll never forget the look of disappointment on the Chins face !!!!!!!

My Mood
    Addicted
    I have 2 say the 05 season. After we beat da bears I told everyone in the bar were taking the SB this year. Some cowgirls fan that hangs out there told me 2 put my money where my mouth is. He'd bet 500 2 my 100 they wouldn't even make the SB. They didn't have 2 win they just had 2 make it there. Being as die hard as they come I jumped all over it. The rest of the night I was told what a stupid bet that was and my money was as good as gone. Every week I'd say thats one game closer and to that the reply would all was be they'll never make it. Every week the same remark and the same reply. That was with out a dout the sweetest bet I ever won.

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the united steeler nation.
    And to the franchise for which it stands. One nation of domination
    With the ability to crush you all.

I would say 1978, when we went 14-2. Our record was great, but even better was the way we dominated, especially on D, but also the offense was unstoppable. The playoff games weren't even close. We won big. And any time you beat the cryboys in The Super bowl, it is sweet!
    Last edited by Sec521; 06-13-2009 at 05:27 PM.

Chairman of the Board Iron City South's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zachintosh66 View Post
    XL... it was my Dads and G-Pas final Steeler season. My Dad passed that following April of liver cancer and my G-Pa only 2 weeks later with Kidney Failure/Heart Disease. Super Bowl was the last football game they watched for that matter. It seemed like everything was unfolding just for us... pretty special
    Very sorry to hear this Zach ... but you know what? ... That's one hell of a memory to have knowing you, your dad, and your G-pa all got to experience it together.

That's a hell of a way to go out IMO .... I'm sure both were watching the Pens this past week too!
    "The most interesting man on SA ... stay thirsty my friends"

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel
    I'm sure both were watching the Pens this past week too!
    Thats what i was thinking!
    - Zachintosh66 (SCM 1135)

2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)

[ T-Wolves Web | T-Wolves FB | My Xbox Live: zachintosh66 ]

Rookie Free Agent Woodson_DownUnder's Avatar

Post 1989.. the birth of my passion for the Steelers

Funnily enough, my first season (1989) following the Steelers, after the first two weeks being an absolute train wreck, (what the hell was I getting myself into???) then, 4-6 looking up from the Central division cellar into the home stretch.. who cared to believe the 'play-offs' were a remote possibility with a motley crew? After a shut out home loss to the Bears, there was only one way to go.. UP! The Wild Card play-off OT win @ Houston will live with me forever.. although the following week was a heartbreaking loss courtesy of a late Elway drive, the season signified 'Character' and that just made me believe even more.

Been a WILD ride ever since..
    http://www.steeleraddicts.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=705&dateline=12442565  10

Awaiting Seven...
    I would have to say that my most memorable football season was the 2004 season. Even though it ended in such disappointing fashion, I cannot remember a more exciting season. It was so fun watching the Steelers from week to week. To go 15-1 in the regular season with a rookie quarterback was an incredible feat. They looked absolutely unbeatable heading in to the playoffs, it's a shame it ended the way it did. That is a season that I will never forget.

Thread Information