Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Steelers' McFadden to start Sunday over Taylor..Update 11/10 Taylor status undecided

Bookmark and Share
    Stuck in damned cincinnati ..Raised in western pa
    its nice to see Ike say that he knows he needs to play better and not complain,thats what I like about this team,they stick together even when things get rough

If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -- Jack Lambert, 1990 HOF Induction Speech

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    i still have respect for ike because of the way he handled the contract situation, but i'm tired of him getting thrown on at will by teams, hopefully this will light a fire under his *** even though the season is over
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

I think you all are right! The coaching staff is more than likely sending him a wake up call... a much needed call! Ike has been a burnt piece of toast al season long and has taken some receivers a little to lightly! Not a bad move by the staff at all but Ike will be back as the starter.

Stuck in damned cincinnati ..Raised in western pa
    I am betting that this was the plan made by the Steelers organization,to try and light a fire under his ***...

If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -- Jack Lambert, 1990 HOF Induction Speech

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ_Steeler View Post
    I think you all are right! The coaching staff is more than likely sending him a wake up call... a much needed call! Ike has been a burnt piece of toast al season long and has taken some receivers a little to lightly! Not a bad move by the staff at all but Ike will be back as the starter.

Ike has had a bunch of good games when you think about it. He shut down the Raiders top wideout, same with the chiefs, Bengals, Jags, and Dolphins. He did struggle last week and against the Falcons though so I think he'll be ok.

Its a toss up as to whether they should let him get back in the saddle but if this sitting down helps him get motivated again then its all good.

My Mood
    Addicted
    I'm kind of surprised at this and not surprised. Ike does need a wakeup call after last weeks game and this should do it. I like McFadden getting a chance but was hoping it would be him an Ike as the starters since they are the future. Nothing against Townsend, he has been a good CB for us and still does a decent job.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    Ike has had a bunch of good games when you think about it. He shut down the Raiders top wideout, same with the chiefs, Bengals, Jags, and Dolphins. He did struggle last week and against the Falcons though so I think he'll be ok.

Its a toss up as to whether they should let him get back in the saddle but if this sitting down helps him get motivated again then its all good.
    yeah, because we all know that the raiders have one of the best offenses in teh league and it's very hard to shut down moss there lol......i wouldn't use that argument about the raiders if i were you lol

also, henry made ike his bitch in the endzone, and everyone has shut down chad this year, the dolphins have sucked all year too, chambers has had a ****** year......jags don't have that great of wr's to begin with and they still did pretty good
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Ike has faced some good WR's regardless of what kind of year they are having or what QB they had.

The jags the biggest group of WR's in the league and they are ranked pretty high in terms of catches and yardage.

Moss is still one of the best WR's in the league. Regardless of who the QB is you still gotta be a tough physical CB to defend Moss.

Chambers is the best WR the dolphins have and their biggest target.

My point is, you Texas sized dingbat , that while Ike has got taken to the cleaners by Denver & Atlanta he's still done pretty well overall as opposed to Deshea who's been hung out to dry all year long every week.

House of Steel
    Texas sized Dingbat I don't think he going to swallow that one too well.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Train View Post
    this is to light a fire under taylors ***...all three of them play in the games anyway...i like the taylor mcfadden combo, never been a big townsend fan
    Ditto. I thought Deshea probably would have been benched. Hopefully this lights a fire under Ike.

Thread Information