Thread: Penguins switch Detroit hotels, again, for better luck

Tailgate Coordinator

Exclamation Penguins switch Detroit hotels, again, for better luck

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pitt.../s_629222.html

Third time's a charm?
    The Penguins are staying in their third different hotel on their third trip to Detroit in the Stanley Cup Final. "Every team has their own deal, their own thing," C Sidney Crosby said. "We decided to switch hotels again. We want to find a way to have success there." The Penguins are 0-3 in Detroit in this year's Final. The hotel is the same one the Penguins stayed in during last year's Stanley Cup Final prior to their winning Game 5 in triple overtime. "It's tough getting hotels on short notice," coach Dan Bylsma said. "I'm sure it has something to do with availability."
    Petr principle
    Although RW Petr Sykora suffered a broken foot in Game 6 Tuesday, Bylsma declined to officially rule him out for Game 7. "We're still treating Petr like we're evaluating him day to day," Bylsma said.
    Sykora replaced RW Miroslav Satan in the lineup for Game 6 against Detroit. Satan wasn't certain yesterday he'd be playing in Game 7. "You never expect to play in a Game 7 for the Cup, and I don't know if I am," he said. "We'll see, but it will be interesting if it all comes around."
    Hyped-up Hossa
    In retrospect, slumping Red Wing Marian Hossa thinks he's put too much pressure on himself in this Stanley Cup Final match-up against his former team. "Maybe I did, yeah," Hossa said. "You answer the same questions about it every day. You've got a history there." Hossa doesn't have a goal in the series and admits he's been pressing. "It's less space, you have to battle through it," he said. "Sometimes it's a matter of being at the right place at the right time. Sometimes a little bit of luck." He's going to try to take a different approach tonight. "You just have to relax," he said. "This is a great situation. This is a great opportunity. Be yourself, have fun, enjoy it. Who knows when this can happen again? Just try to forget everything and have fun." If the worst-case scenario occurs, and the Penguins win the Cup, Hossa insisted it won't be a totally lost season for him. "Not at all," he said. "Through the whole season, I had a chance to learn lots from the guys here in the dressing room, the older guys. I feel pretty fortunate to be in this dressing room."
    Missing Wings
    Kris Draper and Dan Cleary didn't practice, although both are expected to play in Game 7. Draper has been bothered by a groin injury in the playoffs. Cleary has an undisclosed lower-body injury.
    Quotable
    "I kind of enjoyed the two days (off). I didn't do a whole lot. I just, kind of, changed my mind and relaxed. It's a new day, so we start all over again."
    --Penguins G Marc-Andre Fleury, on the benefit of two days between Games 6 and 7 of the Stanley Cup Final
    By the numbers
    5 -- The Penguins have beaten the Red Wings five times in the past two Stanley Cup Final series, Detroit's fourth and fifth trips to the championship round since 1997. The Red Wings went a combined 12-1 in Final games in 1997, 1998 and 2001 (sweeping the Flyers and Capitals and beating the Hurricanes in five games), and have gone 7-5 against the Penguins in 2008 and 2009.

More Penguins headlines

My Mood
    Addicted
    IMO, it has nothing to do with what hotels they stay in, it's about them showing up ready to play,an leaving everything on the ICE tonight!!

Quote Originally Posted by SIXBURGH View Post
    IMO, it has nothing to do with what hotels they stay in, it's about them showing up ready to play,an leaving everything on the ICE tonight!!
    i agree 10000000000000000000000000%
    RIDICULOUSLY good looking...

Quote Originally Posted by SIXBURGH View Post

True, whatever fires them up I guess!

One has to believe that we have stunk it up real bad at the Joe, now it's time for the wings/ osgood to have a bad game, how fitting it's game #7!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Thread Information