Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Will the Pens win 1 game?

MAF is gonna have to steal a game for us to have a chance.
    RIDICULOUSLY good looking...

Quote Originally Posted by Steelerlyn View Post
    That is far from a smart *** post it is an HONEST post. When your team loses it is always because the other team "got lucky" never because the team that won was a better team. What the hell does my "location " have to do with anything? I have been a Wingz fan all my life. Everyone who has been here fir any period of time knows that

--- Added 6/1/2009 at 02:52 PM ---

No larry it is not harsh, I am looking at it from a different team's point of view. You don't win 11 Stanley Cups because of "luck"
    I agree that you are looking at from a different point of view, but I still don't see where you come up with your view. Who here has said anything about the Redwings not being a good team or being lucky to have won? Saying a team got a few lucky breaks along the way to winning a championship does not mean they were lucky to have won.

Maybe harsh was the wrong word to use, I'd say it was more a gratuitious post.
    "When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself."
    -Wayne Dyer

..:: SIXBURGH ::..
    Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan11 View Post
    I have another question...I have heard a lot of people talk about the Wings Boards being bouncy (I think that is right). Shouldn't all the boards in the NHL be the same? If not I would think they should be due to making the game as fair as possible.
    I don't think thats true. I think thats someones way of bitching about that goal in game 1 that bounced off the straight board and hit MAF's leg and riccoched in the net.

The only thing that I recall hearing about making it 'unfair' to another team was in the '95/'96 Championship. It was rumored that the Florida Panthers kept the arena a little warmer (than Colorado) to make the ice surface 'slower' for the speedy Avalanche. If they did do it or not, it didn't work. They lost the cup 4 - 0. lol.

lots of bad breaks so far....unfortunate bouncesfor MAF....fortunate bounces for OZ...lots of no-calls....been a frustrating 2 games thus far...
    that being said it cannot continue...pens are too good and getting chances...these chances will start to payoff...and the Work boots luck WILL change...

IMHO (in my homer opinion)...pens win out....

can't wait for the game 2nite!!!!!! C'MON PENS!!!!
    "Like a midget at a urinal, I knew I had to be on my toes." - Lt. Frank Drevin

no excuses, guys. the pens need to get pissed off and play hockey.

Tailgate Coordinator
    Simply put, we need to shoot the puck even more. Detroit wastes no time in shooting the puck. We are too busy tring to make that pretty pass and pretty goal. Detroit got there chances, and burried them. We simply haven't. I look to see this series tied back up and going back to Detroit, where we will have to win regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by BR7 View Post
    The only thing that I recall hearing about making it 'unfair' to another team was in the '95/'96 Championship. It was rumored that the Florida Panthers kept the arena a little warmer (than Colorado) to make the ice surface 'slower' for the speedy Avalanche. If they did do it or not, it didn't work. They lost the cup 4 - 0. lol.
    Reminds me of the Steelers watering down the Raiders side of the field in the playoffs in the 70's... you gotta love the rumors!
    "When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself."
    -Wayne Dyer

Quote Originally Posted by BR7 View Post
    I don't think thats true. I think thats someones way of bitching about that goal in game 1 that bounced off the straight board and hit MAF's leg and riccoched in the net.

So the boards are not regulated in any way...I am just wondering that is all. Heck idk if the boards are wood or fiberglass or what...I would think different thicknesses/wood type would change how the puck reacts when it bounces off it. Just curious though.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan11 View Post
    So the boards are not regulated in any way...I am just wondering that is all. Heck idk if the boards are wood or fiberglass or what...I would think different thicknesses/wood type would change how the puck reacts when it bounces off it. Just curious though.
    apparently, the pens practiced preparing for the hard shots of the boards. apparently...

My Mood
    Amazed
    Quote Originally Posted by LarryNJ View Post
    Reminds me of the Steelers watering down the Raiders side of the field in the playoffs in the 70's... you gotta love the rumors!
    LOL yeah I remember reading about the Raiders/Steeler series and it was hilarious. Madden hated us for that and actually all the ground crew was doing was watering down the ice to MELT it. Madden thought the ground crew was MAKING ice. Being from CA he had no clue. I am in MI and we water ice down to melt it so it made sense to me LOL Pittsburgh and MI weather are very similiar.
    Peace & Yours in Black 'N Gold,

Lyn

www.blackngoldpride.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3JXqogT0VU

Many thanks to BR7 (Ron) for the sig and matching avatar

Thread Information