Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Will the Pens win 1 game?

Will the Pens win 1 game?

They're playing hard BUT not making the shots. Osgood that good? Or are they just getting the lucky bounces?? Looks like a replay of last year!

Lets go Pens!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Osgood has played great and MAF hasn't. That's the difference so far. They have had their chances and will continue to get them. I don't know if they will win 4 out of 5 but I think they will win a game or 2.
    "When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself."
    -Wayne Dyer

My Mood
    Addicted
    They will win both home games to get back in the series. Detroit has had some lucky bounces. Also Letang needs to stop fumbling the puck. He does it so much lately then everyone has to pull out of the zone and regroup. I wouldn't be surprised to see Petr Sykora come in either. Just to see if he is out of his slump.

..:: SIXBURGH ::..
    MAF is letting in some garbage shots and Detroit seems to be getting the lucky bounces. Detroit is playing hard and I would have thought the Pens would have taken one game, but now I'm doubtful they can win 4 of 5.

MAF is the diffrence maker IMO like said above. He has let the easy ones by and making stops on the hard ones...He's got to get his head out of his *** if we stand a chance.

IMO the wings are playing shady, Z covering the puck was BS should of been a P shot for us but no call, two nights in a row this has happened, not saying we'd won or even made the shot but you never know.
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Quote Originally Posted by BR7 View Post
    MAF is letting in some garbage shots and Detroit seems to be getting the lucky bounces. Detroit is playing hard and I would have thought the Pens would have taken one game, but now I'm doubtful they can win 4 of 5.

Pens need to get their collective asses in gear and play like they're capable of playing or they can kiss the Cup goodbye again this year.

"Here's an idea! Don't worry about sports and run the ****ing country!!!" - PsychoWard to Obama

The no call penalty on Detroits second goal was bs. Definately slashing. There was another interference call that wasn't called as well.

Are you referring to when the puck landed on Osgood's back and Z covered it up?

Quote Originally Posted by BR7 View Post
    The no call penalty on Detroits second goal was bs. Definately slashing. There was another interference call that wasn't called as well.

Are you referring to when the puck landed on Osgood's back and Z covered it up?

Yes, and again last night when he laid in the crease and used his left hand to cover. They read the NHL rules, only the goalie can cover the puck...That's just the lucky bounces they have been getting. I hope that crap ends at home! 2:2 going back to MI would be nice. Win there come home and win for the cup!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

I don't know the rules as well as others due to only watching hockey for a little. But aren't the wings causing interference almost every time down the ice for the pens? I know there was an obvious interference call that the refs missed last night but it seems like every time Crosby tries to skate into the wings end hit is held. Please correct me if I am wrong.

I don't think he covered it up when he was laying in the crease. The puck seemd to be under Oz. Z (and I forget who else) jumped into the net like human barricades. He may have been covering it up, but I don't think anyone knew where the puck was until they piled off. Was a weird play none the less.

I'm sure hockey is like football where there is holding on every play, some get called, some do not. Sid isn't getting the calls, so maybe they aren't as obvious at full speed like it is to us who see the slow-mo replays.

Regardless, the next two are must wins to have a remote chance of pulling this out.

Thread Information