Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Will the Pens win 1 game?

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan11 View Post
    I don't know the rules as well as others due to only watching hockey for a little. But aren't the wings causing interference almost every time down the ice for the pens? I know there was an obvious interference call that the refs missed last night but it seems like every time Crosby tries to skate into the wings end hit is held. Please correct me if I am wrong.
    It's sort of like holding in football. You could call holding on every play but the usually only call the very obvious ones. (except when the lineman is holding Harrison than they seldom call it)

The refs aren't doing that bad of a job. It comes down to making the most of your chances which the Pens aren't. Hitting cross bars, missing break aways, ect. MAF also really needs to step up big time. We are playing a great team, anything less than your best won't cut it. The Redwings aren't the Flyers, Caps or Hurricanes.
    "When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself."
    -Wayne Dyer

Thanks BR7 and LarryNJ. I feel stupid asking these questions sometimes..lol

My Mood
    Amazed
    Some of you sound like Brown/Bengal/Raven _____________insert team fans when you lose to the Steelers. The Wingz are the hardest playing team in the NHL, like the Steelers of football.
    They keep coming and coming and coming and the team they are playing has to bring their A game everytime they play or they will lose to the Wingz.
    Peace & Yours in Black 'N Gold,

Lyn

www.blackngoldpride.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3JXqogT0VU

Many thanks to BR7 (Ron) for the sig and matching avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steelerlyn View Post
    Some of you sound like Brown/Bengal/Raven _____________insert team fans when you lose to the Steelers. The Wingz are the hardest playing team in the NHL, like the Steelers of football.
    They keep coming and coming and coming and the team they are playing has to bring their A game everytime they play or they will lose to the Wingz.
    Your location is noted thanks for the smart *** post! The wings are getting lucky, pucks bouncing their way both games. YES they are out playing the Pens in some areas, but this team will find a way to win a few, may go to the 7th...
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Quote Originally Posted by Steelerlyn View Post
    Some of you sound like Brown/Bengal/Raven _____________insert team fans when you lose to the Steelers.
    I think that's a little harsh Lyn! We all know how good the Redwings are and we also stated that we have to play our A game to beat them. And ANY team that wins a championship needs lucky breaks along the way.
    "When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself."
    -Wayne Dyer

My Mood
    Amazed
    Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    Your location is noted thanks for the smart *** post! The wings are getting lucky, pucks bouncing their way both games. YES they are out playing the Pens in some areas, but this team will find a way to win a few, may go to the 7th...
    That is far from a smart *** post it is an HONEST post. When your team loses it is always because the other team "got lucky" never because the team that won was a better team. What the hell does my "location " have to do with anything? I have been a Wingz fan all my life. Everyone who has been here fir any period of time knows that

--- Added 6/1/2009 at 02:52 PM ---

Quote Originally Posted by LarryNJ View Post
    I think that's a little harsh Lyn! We all know how good the Redwings are and we also stated that we have to play our A game to beat them. And ANY team that wins a championship needs lucky breaks along the way.
    No larry it is not harsh, I am looking at it from a different team's point of view. You don't win 11 Stanley Cups because of "luck"
    Peace & Yours in Black 'N Gold,

Lyn

www.blackngoldpride.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3JXqogT0VU

Many thanks to BR7 (Ron) for the sig and matching avatar

My Mood
    Addicted
    The only call I had a problem with was the slashing because it was pretty obvious because the stick broke. Pens are playing hard, but the pucks just aren't going in. That's going to change tomorrow night. As far as people referring to the lucky bounces I think it would be very unrealistic to say they never play a factor. Do I think they are the difference. Not necessarily in the way everyone is saying. They have a few goals that took a lucky bounce, problem is Pens have been letting it get to them. But not every goal was a lucky bounce or took an odd bounce. They'll regroup at home.

I have another question...I have heard a lot of people talk about the Wings Boards being bouncy (I think that is right). Shouldn't all the boards in the NHL be the same? If not I would think they should be due to making the game as fair as possible.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    The past 11 Stanley Cups won by the Wings have nothing to do with this current Series....lol The Wings havn't been lucky by no means.....They are the defending Champs and have out played the Pens so far in two games.....But I don't think its been by that large of a margain......The Pens have has their share of shots clang of the goal post (especially last night)......That is not an excuse but a fact.....lol

Osgood has been his rock steady self as a goal tender for the Wings but that is expected.......The Pens need to step up and win these next two to make it a series....
    Last edited by Black@Gold Forever32; 06-05-2009 at 02:38 PM.

Hell yes they will win a game!! I really didnt think they would go down 2-0 in the series though, Detroit has defenatley been outplaying them regardless of a couple lucky bounces and missed penalties. Pens were in this same situation with the Caps, down 2-0 in the series and they came back and won 3 straight before taking game 7 didnt they? The series isnt over, but they HAVE to win this next game to get back in it. I really dont want to see Zetterberg lift it again, Lets go PENS!!!!

Thread Information