Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Rematch Pens vs Wings

My Mood
    Chatty
    Quote Originally Posted by lloydfan4life View Post
    Awesome game 6! Alot of good hitting by the Pens.

C'mon Pens, the Steelers came through, now let's bring home a second Championship to Pittsburgh this year!
    Exactly!! I coudn't watch alot of it because I got so nervous! I'm so proud of them! Would love to see another championship come to Pittsburgh!!!

Thanks Steelers086 for my awesome signature!!!

Thanks for the new avatar SteelerBee!

My Mood
    Smokin
    I am not much into Hockey...but that was an awesome game!!!!

Thanks for the sig Flea

Quote Originally Posted by steelersgal86 View Post
    I am not much into Hockey...but that was an awesome game!!!!
    It has been an awesome post season for the Pens. What better than to beat the hated Flyers in 6 games and win the 6th in Philly after being down 3-0. For those of you who aren't hockey fans that is basically like being down 28-0 at halftime and coming ack to win in football. It wasn't long ago that having a 2 goal lead and the game was over.

Than on to Washington and beating the Caps in 7 games winnig the 7th in DC. That series was nothing short of awesome. You won't find many better 7 games anywhere.

The Carolina series was nothing like the first 2 but the finals have been great.

The Pens have clinched 3 series on the road. They know what they have to do to win and they are capable of doing it. The Redwings probably are the more talented team and really should win but I think the Pens win it 4-2 and the cup will make the Party Scene thru the Burgh.

There really isn't anything as good as the Stanley Cup playoffs in sports.
    "When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself."
    -Wayne Dyer

game 7 is a different animal, its not just a road game in detroit anymore, everything is on the line and the team that makes the opponent lose poise and become desperate is the team to win. we stomped the **** out of the capitals in game 7, i just hope an early lead here and the wings will start to fall apart, its a veteren team but no team is above losing composure in a game 7

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    game 7 is a different animal, its not just a road game in detroit anymore, everything is on the line and the team that makes the opponent lose poise and become desperate is the team to win. we stomped the **** out of the capitals in game 7, i just hope an early lead here and the wings will start to fall apart, its a veteren team but no team is above losing composure in a game 7
    You hit the nail right on the head! Very well said, we can pull this one off if we can make the old guys lose it this time!

The way I see it is, we have nothing to lose, they've already been crowned giving the road teams record this series...Go out play loose and have fun!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

There is definetely more pressure on the Redwings. They are the favorites, they are home, they are expected to win. After the first 2 games they never thought it would go this far.

If the Pens can jump on them they will take away the home advantage and actually make it a disadvantage to the Redwings.

As Steeler fans we all know the feeling of losing at home when you should win. Even the Pens too, I don't remember the year but I remember Ed Jovanowski in his rookie year scoring from the red line on Tom Barasso and the Pens losing a game 7 at home.
    "When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself."
    -Wayne Dyer

My Mood
    Love
    I hope there will be some Steelers players at the game showing some support. Hell, maybe the pens should get a little pep talk from them about winning a big game such as one like friday. What does it take and how they must play. Pens have shown they can come back and win like in the washington series. To me they have shown themselves, the fans and the world how great they can play and what it takes to win when it counts.

We will see the Penguins bring home another championship!!!!! Third For The Burgh.

I would bet Lemieux will talk to the players right before they go onto the ice again Friday. That alone should fire them up. I really think if they come out and play like they did in game 6 they can win. Maybe it was just me but I don't know how much the red wings liked being hit as much and as hard as the pens did to them last game. I loved it! Reminded me of them playing against the flyers...lol

I think the pens can walk (skate) right up to the red wings and punch them in the mouth and it will shock them a little again and hopefully the pens can get a lead and hold onto it for a win.

According to the other boards I get on all the wings fans are already calling this game over (cocky bastards). I would love to see their mouths drop when they have to watch the pens skate around with Lord Stanley's Cup on their ice...plus watching Hossa shocked yet again

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    I picked the Pens in 7 games so I hope I'm right.......The Pens can win in Detroit.......They just have to avoid getting down by two goals.....The Wings are at their best when they have a two goal lead on their home ice......Flower is going to have be huge tomorrow night.......

My Mood
    Addicted
    I agree they got to jump out to a lead and not let Detroit get more than a one goal lead. Detroit is very good at shutting it down and sitting back when they get that lead.

Thread Information