Thread: There is still a realistic shot to win the AFC North...(LONG POST)

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    colts-hater

There is still a realistic shot to win the AFC North...(LONG POST)

Now I know I posted this the other day in another thread where I gave you all the scenario's that need to happen in order for us to win the AFC North. But the more I see this I really am starting to feel better about how this could play out in a few weeks especially if we win the next 2 weeks against Saints and Browns. People might think Im insane or nuts for thinking this but if you really stop and break the Steelers schedule and the Ravens schedule down the rest of the way it is not insane to think that the Steelers cannot win out and that the Ravens cannot lose 4 more games the rest of the way.

Now here is why I say this. By some twist of fate for whatever reason 5 of the last 8 games for the Steelers are within the division. So what that means is the Steelers still have 2 games remaining with the Ravens head to head one there and one here on Christmas Eve, 2 with the Browns and 1 the last game of the year at Cincy. Now Im just going to eliminate Cincy from having a shot of winning the division they are a mess right now with injuries and are having internal problems within the organization with Chad Johnson bitching for the ball and Chris Henry and a lot of other things. Plus they have a brutal schedule the rest of the way. There schedule is sooo much more tougher then the Steelers its not even worth comparing. They have SD this week, they have to go to New Orleans next week, they got one more game with Baltimore, and the last 3 weeks of the year they have to go to Denver and Indy back to back weeks before hosting the Steelers on New Years Eve to end the season. So the Bengals I think even though there 4-4 and are 2 games better then the Steelers still dont have a better shot of winning this division over us based on the schedule the rest of the way. Here is the bottom line the Steelers and I know this is asking a lot MUST win there last 8 games thats a given, and the Ravens MUST lose 4 more games.

If that should happen they both would finish 10-6 and the Steelers Im assuming would beat them twice which I think they can and win the tiebraker because of the head to head meetings. Now the key stretch for the Ravens will be starting when they play the Steelers in 2 weeks on the 26th. Im going to assume they beat Tennessee and Atlanta which gets their record to 8-2. The Ravens then have to play the Steelers, at Cincy on a Thursday night 4 days after the Steelers play them in a game Cincy is going to have to win and I think will win, and then the week after they have to play in Kansas City in December at Arrowhead one of the toughest places to win in the NFL. Plus KC if you havent noticed is playing very well right now since the Steelers blew them out by 38 points 3-4 weeks ago. I think the Steelers will beat the Saints and Browns and IF they beat the Ravens in Baltimore and get to 5-6 and the Ravens get to 8-3 and the Ravens then lose in Cincy and KC like I really think they will, The Steelers those same weeks play Tampa Bay and Cleveland at home here. They will win both of those games for sure which will put them at 7-6 and the Ravens at 8-5. That would then set up the game here on Christmas Eve and then all the Steelers would have to do is beat Baltimore here that game and I really believe they will win the division. I really think there going to beat Cincy the last week of the year down there. I dont see us losing twice to the Bengals this year.

But the bottom line is this this is the best scenario I think personally in NFL history for a 2-6 team to make the playoffs based on the Steelers schedule and having 5 of the last 8 games being in the division. Im telling you right now if the Steelers win out their last 8 games and that is a big IF but its possible they will win this division. You gotta think at some point the fumbling and the turnovers and all these fluky things for the Steelers will stop and when it does this team Im telling you is going to go on a run and win a bunch of games in a row I really believe that. I really believe that this 2-6 record in a lot of ways is a fluke,and that the Ravens who are 6-2 now are not as good as their record says. So my whole point is this lets just wait and see how these next couple weeks play out but Im telling you if the Steelers win the next 2-3 games you are going to hear about this scenario more and more. It is not impossible for us to do. Yes we have a lot of tough games, but if we stop turning the ball over which I think we will here, and stop taking stupid penalties I really think the Steelers will win a lot of these remaining games. Just remember you heard it here first with this scenario with Pittsburgh and the Ravens. And yes I still do believe the Steelers dont have a long shot to win the AFC North but a realistic shot to still win the North. See me again 2-3 weeks if all this plays out and you will see why.

To tell you the truth i'd be happy with A win....period

As much as I like to think they still have a shot, it's hard to picture this team running off 8 straight. You are right though, all this "fluky" stuff is going to have to end at some point because it's definitely not Steeler football.

Thanks for the enlightenment though, but if you don't mind I'm not going to hold my breath about the Steelers making the playoffs I'll just keep my

My Mood
    Addicted
    I'm keeping hope, but at this point we need to get to just one game at a time.

I refuse to give up now. Look at last year...no one expected we would have the run we did. If the team gets the spark they need I could see them doing it. All they have to do is hold on to the ball. In most of these losses that is the only reason we are losing...we are beating ourselves and giving the other teams points. I truely believe if there is a team that can rebound from this, it is them. Now I just hope I'm right!

sig made by K Train....Thank you!

Thread Information