View Poll Results: Who do you think kraig urbik will ultimately replace on the o line

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • colon

5 15.63%
  • hartwig

2 6.25%
  • stapleton

22 68.75%
  • komoetu

2 6.25%
  • he will start at right tackle

1 3.13%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Who's Better and More Likely to Start?

Bookmark and Share
    Rookie Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by steelcityrockers View Post
    As someone who has watched the OLine objectively, Max Starks is the best player.
    The best player when he plays up to his potential and is not slacking off? sure, I could agree with that

all I ask if for some consistency from the 7 million dollar man

gotta say though, for the type of players max faces in the AFC Noth, he is a good fit. when it comes to 4-3 players his struggles are more noticeable though

Meh, there was a stretch last year where he was pretty dominant. This was towards the end of the season when he finally got comfortable at Left Tackle. He's about at his ceiling right now anyway.

Rookie Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by steelcityrockers View Post
    Meh, there was a stretch last year where he was pretty dominant. This was towards the end of the season when he finally got comfortable at Left Tackle.
    yep, and notice the teams we played at that stretch. bengals, pats, cowboys, rats, and browns. all 3-4 teams, and 3 were division games. demarcus ware made his obvious damage, but nothing to embarrass starks

I left out the titans game since the whole offense seemed asleep that day....

and the playoffs....well, the whole unit suddenly was a little better

He's about at his ceiling right now anyway.
    sadly, that's true. here's hoping tony hills pans out and becomes our LT next year

The whole OL did not mysteriously "play better" in the playoffs. We faced two of the weakest defenses in the league in Arizona and San Diego. If I remember, an injured Suggs still got 2 sacks off Ben.

Waterboy

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by No l Gravity l View Post
    The whole OL did not mysteriously "play better" in the playoffs. We faced two of the weakest defenses in the league in Arizona and San Diego. If I remember, an injured Suggs still got 2 sacks off Ben.

hehe you got a really good point , is anyone anxious to see who will start mike wallace vs. limas sweed vs. that mcdonalds guy?
    i think sweed will start because he is more of a reciever than wallace for now...
    mcdonald i really dont know much of him

Chairman of the Board Iron City South's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    dude i promise you that urbik is awful, hes basically what kemoeatu is, only white and he doesnt finish blocks, at least kemo wants to kill defenders on every play even though he sucks. urbik doesnt even give us anger issues to work with
    I'm not sure what "mom" put in your brownies for your lunch, but Urbik isn't anything remotely close to Kemoeatu. His style isn't close, his frame isn't close, and his intellect isn't close .....

Urbik will be our best OL in 4 years .... remember who told you.
    "The most interesting man on SA ... stay thirsty my friends"

Thread Information