View Poll Results: Who do you think kraig urbik will ultimately replace on the o line

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • colon

5 15.63%
  • hartwig

2 6.25%
  • stapleton

22 68.75%
  • komoetu

2 6.25%
  • he will start at right tackle

1 3.13%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Who's Better and More Likely to Start?

Bookmark and Share
    Waterboy
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    dude i promise you that urbik is awful, hes basically what kemoeatu is, only white and he doesnt finish blocks, at least kemo wants to kill defenders on every play even though he sucks. urbik doesnt even give us anger issues to work with
    yea lmao but u gotta admit he has potential to be a decent run blocker to say the least n i thought that duke robinson was like the fourth best guard in this draft but a million other guards got drafted before him it really suprised me whats your take on that

i do like robinson, the panthers got amazing value for him in the 5th, he'll be better than urbik. i would have been thrilled with wood, levitre, and that mammoth herman johnson, and maybe tyronne green. urbik would have lasted a long time if we didnt reach for him imo. the problem with robinson is we viewed him as a low motor player, he really screwed himself in the NC game being outplayed by loadholt in every way.

robinson will be the best guard out of this class though, its hard to judge guards coming out of college because the best guards are tackles that cant cut it at tackle and thats exactly what robinson is, but at least he knows his place is on the interior line.

the title of this thread should be who is more kraig urbik more likely to backup
    Last edited by K Train; 05-19-2009 at 06:28 PM.

Rookie Free Agent
    but i think stapleton will replace hartwig.
    You're joking right? hartwig is our most consistent lineman. and please don't give me the " he allowed the most sacks in the league last year". he was between the extremely powerful yet sadly inconsistent kemoeatu and the weak stapleton

you want to put a weak guard like stapleton at center in the AFC, especially in the north against guys like halogi ngata? guy's gonna get eaten alive

hartwig always gives a push in the run game, I can't say the same for the rest of our linemen. being an olineman is about consistency. on the steelers only hartwig and colon bring that, even if colon is undersized he brings his all in every play. wish starks and kemo did that....

as far as i see it anything is better than we wat we have right now lol.
    see, that's the problem. that is just completely wrong

dude i promise you that urbik is awful, hes basically what kemoeatu is, only white and he doesnt finish blocks, at least kemo wants to kill defenders on every play even though he sucks. urbik doesnt even give us anger issues to work with
    if he would do that he'd be a great guard. but no, not on every play, and that's his problem

have you seen urbik play? he's the exact opposite of what you described. great footing and a non stop motor. he'll fit perfectly right next to colon

stapleton will be a reliable backup by midseason. he might be a center in the future if he bulks up. and that's a pretty big "if"
    Last edited by Dude487; 05-19-2009 at 10:21 PM.

urbik is fat, slow and heavy footed and he is awful at finishing blocks, kemo is great at finishing blocks once he lands them, he does want to kill a player on every play, he just doesnt always kill the right guy and is terrible in pass protection.

hartwig is not consistant and he doesnt get any push in the run game at all unless you mean pushed backwards

Rookie Free Agent
    urbik is fat, slow and heavy footed and he is awful at finishing blocks, kemo is great at finishing blocks once he lands them, he does want to kill a player on every play, he just doesnt always kill the right guy and is terrible in pass protection.
    I see our opinions on Urbik differ. that ok, he's still better than the weak stapleton

kemo finishes blocks, when he actually makes an effort. I'm telling you, he'd be a beast if he wasn't lazy

Waterboy
    Quote Originally Posted by Dude487 View Post
    You're joking right? hartwig is our most consistent lineman. and please don't give me the " he allowed the most sacks in the league last year". he was between the extremely powerful yet sadly inconsistent kemoeatu and the weak stapleton

you want to put a weak guard like stapleton at center in the AFC, especially in the north against guys like halogi ngata? guy's gonna get eaten alive

hartwig always gives a push in the run game, I can't say the same for the rest of our linemen. being an olineman is about consistency. on the steelers only hartwig and colon bring that, even if colon is undersized he brings his all in every play. wish starks and kemo did that....

see, that's the problem. that is just completely wrong

if he would do that he'd be a great guard. but no, not on every play, and that's his problem

have you seen urbik play? he's the exact opposite of what you described. great footing and a non stop motor. he'll fit perfectly right next to colon

stapleton will be a reliable backup by midseason. he might be a center in the future if he bulks up. and that's a pretty big "if"
    how can u say dat my statement about any o line person could replace our starters is wrong. Our o line is basically jus big blocks of turd that gives ben .001111 second to throw the ball. They have no blocking capablities whatsoever. for christ sake hines ward knows how to block better than these guys. max starks and darnell stapleton has been our most consistent linemen all year. willie colon is too slow at rt and has missed his blocks, komo is inconsistent as u said but has strength i think our o line coach has done a terrible job with these guys, and last but no least HARTWIG IS THE WORST PLAYER ON THAT LINE. are u kidding me? hes a sorry excuse for a center. id rather have a remote control movable sofa in the middle of that line than hartwig. at least we wouldnt have to pay the turd every year for nutin. u said hartwig can run block? yea right i dont kno wat game your watchin o u must be thinkin or jeff HARTINGS. dont worry i understand they sound alike. but really i think we should consider replacing hartwig with a sofa most definitely.

Starter
    I think looking at our OL as a whole that it is hard to say that Urbik will not find a spot to start by the end of the season when you take into account the possibility of injuries .. I think Urbik will be a solid player eventually, i just think that there were more important spots to fill early (Oher was an option) and we could have picked up Robinson (who at one point was projected to go round 1-2) where we got Urbik or "Big Herm" an entire round later, or Caldwell late 2nd and any of these options would have been better in the long run

Rookie Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by bigben119 View Post
    Our o line is basically jus big blocks of turd that gives ben .001111 second to throw the ball. They have no blocking capablities whatsoever. for christ sake hines ward knows how to block better than these guys.
    see? it's things like this that take away your credibility. the steelers oline is not the worst thing in the world

take a look at our games last year and review the oline play objectively

max starks and darnell stapleton has been our most consistent linemen all year

nope. starks has a boatload of potential, but he is never consistent because he gives up on plays. it's sad cause he is paid so much

stapleton gets no push whatsoever, but at least he tries hard. he'd fail at center if he plays at the level/strength he did last year

willie colon is too slow at rt and has missed his blocks
    colon is the hardest worker on our line. I'd rather have a hard worker like colon than a big lazy starks. him and urbik will make a great right side of the line

komo is inconsistent as u said but has strength
    strength doesn't help if the guy makes no effort. I like the kid, he's signed here for the next 4 years and I think he can still improve. it was after all his 1st year starting, and many wondered about his mental capability to play. no problem there, but he'd be a mauler if he learned to never give up like colon

and it's kemo btw

i think our o line coach has done a terrible job with these guys,
    well, to be fair he hasn't exactly been given very good players to work with

and last but no least HARTWIG IS THE WORST PLAYER ON THAT LINE. are u kidding me? hes a sorry excuse for a center.
    he's solid. a first year starter with the steelers who is between two other 1st year starters, one who was too weak and the other who didn't give 100% in his play, and the center position is supposed to stabilize the line, but it's difficult without some help, thus you see him struggle, but never giving up ala starks/kemo

he doesn't have the physical attrbutes that starks, kemo, urbik and colon have, but he works with what he has and is consistent in his solid play. not spectacular by any means, but if all of the steelers linemen were solid and consistent as him instead of lazy or weak....well, ben wouldn't need too much ice after games

id rather have a remote control movable sofa in the middle of that line than hartwig. at least we wouldnt have to pay the turd every year for nutin.
    again, credibility taken away by comments like this. would you prefer mahan there? or like you said, stapleton? shaun rogers would have him as a snack, and subsequently ben....

u said hartwig can run block? yea right i dont kno wat game your watchin o u must be thinkin or jeff HARTINGS. dont worry i understand they sound alike.
    no, I'd never confuse him with a player as hartings. man I miss that guy, a true blue collar center with all the physical attributes you look for

but really i think we should consider replacing hartwig with a sofa most definitely.
    maybe retfosky can get us that sofa

As someone who has watched the OLine objectively, Max Starks is the best player.

Waterboy
    maybe retfosky can get us that sofa [/QUOTE]

lmao! at first i didnt kno wat u were talking about but wen i looked it up i laughed so hard. how did u even kno the fact?

Thread Information