Thread: Raiders DE Brayton ejected for kneeing

Bookmark and Share

Raiders DE Brayton ejected for kneeing

Yahoo! Sports
    SEATTLE (AP) -- One night's -- or perhaps a season's -- worth of frustration peaked with Tyler Brayton's knee.

Oakland's defensive end was ejected late in another Raiders' loss Monday night for kneeing Seahawks tight end Jerramy Stevens in the groin at the end of a play.

Brayton and Stevens were pushing and grabbing at each other's shoulders away from a 4-yard run by Mack Strong with 1:54 remaining in the hot-tempered game that Seattle was leading 13-0 and won 16-0.

Brayton abruptly ended the clench by raising his right knee onto the upper, inside half of Stevens' left thigh while an official watched just yards away. Brayton got a penalty for unsportsmanlike conduct and was ejected. The four-year veteran walked directly off the field into the locker room while the Qwest Field crowd chanted derisively.

"I made a mistake," said Brayton, who is often quiet off the field but fiery on it. "I'll be the first to admit I made a mistake. I let my emotions get the best of me -- and that's not a good thing when you do that."

It's definitely not good in the NFL's eyes. Brayton can now expect league discipline, according to Raiders coach Art Shell.
    Anybody else see this?? I saw the highlights on ESPN and it was pretty funny We can laugh about it because Stevens was laughing about it right after he got the knee!

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    That's the difference between a losing Raiders team and a Pittsburgh team that is struggling..the true Raider colors come out with cheap shots.

Thread Information