Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Barrett Brook arrested

Bookmark and Share

Hybrid View

My Mood
    Curmudgeon

Barrett Brook arrested

Nice going man ! Lets see, your riding you bike at unsafe speeds, a cop chases you, you wreck, try to get back up and ride away again, and then have to get tackled by the cops. Ugh !!!

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pitt.../s_465003.html

Steelers offensive lineman Barrett Brooks was jailed early Sunday after a motorcycle chase with police through the South Side.

The arrest occurred about 2:30 a.m. after Brooks, 34, illegally passed a moving police car on the right side while driving his Yamaha motorcycle in the 1700 block of East Carson Street, Pittsburgh police Sgt. Dennis Washington said.

The police officer then activated his car's lights and siren and chased Brooks for several blocks, Washington said.

The Steelers reserve lineman ran a couple of stop signs before losing control of his bike while trying to make a turn at 12th and Muriel streets, Washington said.

"He got up and attempted to get back on the bike and ride away, but the officer physically tackled him back down off the bike," Washington said. "I think (Brooks) was just worried about losing his job."

Brooks is listed by the Steelers at 6-foot-4, 325 pounds, although he came to training camp last week with a scale tucked under his arm, claiming to have lost 30 pounds.

Officer Juan Terry, who tackled Brooks, is about 6-foot-4, 260 pounds, Washington said.

"He's probably one of the biggest officers we have that works at the station," Washington said.

Police said Brooks did not appear to be injured. He was charged with fleeing and eluding, reckless driving, driving at an unsafe speed and stop sign violations. He was taken to Allegheny County Jail.

Teammates Joey Porter and Deshea Townsend were at the scene of Brooks' arrest, Washington said.

Brooks was not intoxicated and was not wearing a helmet, police said.

Steelers spokesman Dave Lockett said he was aware of Brooks' arrest, but had no further comment.

Brooks, a second-round draft pick out of Kansas State who played for the Philadelphia Eagles from 1995-1998, spent the last three seasons with the Steelers. He also played for the Detroit Lions in 1999-2000 and spent the 2001 training camp with the Cleveland Browns before being released.

Brooks, who is married with five children, played on special teams in all 16 regular-season games and all four playoff games during the Steelers' 2005-06 championship season. He also saw action as a reserve offensive tackle and left guard.

My Mood
    Addicted
    How the hell to you just fly by a police car on the wrong side of the road? And he wasn't even drunk! I can't imagine what was going through that head to do something so stupid.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I swear, we've had more than our share of player issues this offseason. Between Ben's accident, Holmes getting arrested twice, Brooks trying to outrun cops! Ugh ! It does indeed make you wonder what in the world goes through their minds to do some of this stuff ! You've got it all, you're living a dream that 99% of the world will never get to do..yet you risk it all just for something like this ???

#1 Hater of the other 30 SteelCityMan786's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity
    I swear, we've had more than our share of player issues this offseason. Between Ben's accident, Holmes getting arrested twice, Brooks trying to outrun cops! Ugh ! It does indeed make you wonder what in the world goes through their minds to do some of this stuff ! You've got it all, you're living a dream that 99% of the world will never get to do..yet you risk it all just for something like this ???
    Exactly. I'm ticked to hear he he is doing this in the middle of camp. He better find a way to prove his innocence.

Satan's Helper SteelersfaninPhilly's Avatar
    I do not think you will see Brooks on the final roster. Rumor has it that Bengals are expressing interest in Brooks since his incident

http://americanat.blogspot.com/

I'm blind, I'm deaf, I wanna be a ref! Get on your knees ref your blowing the game!

Big thank you to pa state Daryl Metcalfe. For doing the right thing.

Quote Originally Posted by SteelersfaninPhilly
    I do not think you will see Brooks on the final roster. Rumor has it that Bengals are expressing interest in Brooks since his incident
    Hmmm another convict perhaps???

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    hhmmm, wasnt wearing a helmet either !! Dude how can you be that stupid ! Especially given what happened to Ben 2 months ago !

Offensive lineman Barrett Brooks apologized to the Pittsburgh Steelers for his weekend arrest on charges he fled from police on his motorcycle, but said the chase resulted from miscommunication and not any wrongdoing.

The 34-year-old backup lineman for the Super Bowl champions was charged with fleeing and eluding, reckless driving, driving at an unsafe speed and other traffic violations Sunday. He was taken to Allegheny County Jail, according to Pittsburgh police Sgt. Dennis Washington.

Police said Brooks drove recklessly around a police car and didn't stop, causing officers to chase him for about five minutes. Brooks also drove through a red traffic light and a stop sign, Washington said.

Brooks wasn't intoxicated, but wasn't wearing a helmet while on his motorcycle, police said.

Brooks said he immediately called Steelers officials to tell them what happened. He said he felt bad for team owner Dan Rooney and his family and told his teammates he was sorry.

"I apologize to the Rooneys. Their family is a great family and they believe in not doing stuff like this, but I really didn't do anything," Brooks said Monday. "Once things come to fruition here, we'll be all right."
    http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pitt.../s_465115.html

Well at least he wasn't dumb enough to drive drunk. I am surprised that he didn't learn something from Ben.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Cowher was none too happy with him..more dissapointed than anything at his lack of good judgement.

My Mood
    Addicted
    The way he acted I thought he was drunk. I still don't get why someone would do what he did?

Thread Information