Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who's the best player we have right now?

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon

Who's the best player we have right now?

In the midst of all the chaos of this bad season with virtually every play either fumbling, missing tackles, throwing interceptions, dropping interceptions, missing kicks, etc...is there 1 player you can actually define as having a good year ?

A player that is doing every thing they can to eliminate the mistakes, play smart football, keep their attitude positive and just generally keep themselves from the mistakes that so many of the others around them are making?

Now imagine if all 22 starters could actually do that this year!!!

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    I don't know but Willie Parker on pace to having 16 total TD's and that would be single season Steeler's record for total TD's in season by a Steelers player. I think Willie is having a good year. With the struggles of the Oline and teams really focusing on stopping the run I think thats a good year. Yes Parker's 4 fumbles which he has lost two doest hurt. But I think Willie is proving that he can be a starting RB in this league and next year with a healthy Big Ben. Then we will really see how special Willie Parker is. Plus next year I hope the right side of the Oline is fixed. That would help also for Willie Parker.

But I know some will say Willie struggles against the top defenses and he is to small. Or he isn't no Dookie Davenport. News flash to some fans even the best back RB LaDanian Tomlinson struggles against good defense. The Steelers shut down LT the last two years.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I would agree with Willie at this point. He does have a tendacy to put the ball on the ground at the wrong times but overall he's having a good year. He runs hard for a small back and can carry some tacklers. I really do like him having Najeh is a change of pace and someone that can bust through for that much needed 3rd and short to keep the clock running.

Najeh hasn't seen that much action this year but with a healthy and improved OL and some more opportunities to play he seems to be a viable option for us and definately has some game changing abilities from what we've seen.

I would also say that probably Troy is having an outstanding year again. He's missed more tackles than we're used to seeing but everybody is so overall the plays he makes for us, well lets just say we need every single one of them.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Heath Miller is having a good year and we haven't seen him prone to the mistakes others are making.

Hines has played well, Santonio (aside from punt returns), and Heath have all played well. Parker has shown some things, but also has dissapointed at times, possibly because of the O-line. I really want to see more carries for Najeh to figure out if the Parker/Davenport combo will be effective, or if we need to draft a RB. On the Defense, Ryan Clark has impressed me with alot of big hits, and Troy is always great. Our CBs have been dissapointing, but we've gotten decent production from our LBs, and our D-line has been about as good as ever, except when Casey Hampton was hurt against Atlanta. Overall though, we don't seem to be getting as much pressure on the QB.

Also, Ben Roethlisberger has impressed me somewhat. Yeah, he's thrown WAY too many picks, but he's also been putting up the yards. 433 against Denver, 300 against Oakland, he was on pace for 400 against the Falcons before he got hurt. Yeah his picks have been killing us, but I think those are the growing pains of a young QB who is making the difficult transformation from "game-manager" to gunslinger.

Actually, I think this year can really be beneficial to the Steelers. A bad record means high draft picks, which means the Steelers get to kind of re-load for a few more Super Bowl runs, and this year can help Ben by getting him through the growth process that I mentioned, and helping him learn how to deal with adversity. Plus Santonio Holmes should be absolutely sick next year at WR. If we handle it right, and a few things go our way, we could have our best offense ever next year.
    Who Ride?! WE RIDE!!! Long live the Boot!!!

"I'll always be a Steeler" - Joey Porter
    "Once a Steeler, always a Steeler" - Kordell Stewart

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    i think we should make willie parker eat lots and lots of cake so we have a power running game

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelersfan View Post
    Heath Miller is having a good year and we haven't seen him prone to the mistakes others are making.
    That's a good point, Heath has been one of the few on the team that hasn't hindered the team either before or after he catches the ball or makes a block. He is having a good year but I don't think we look to him near enough as we should be. The guy is money every time he catches the ball, and he's a beast with those skinny posts and down the middle patterns.

SA's #1 James Farrior Fan PITT23's Avatar
    I would say our defensive line has looked good and Parker would probably be better if we stopped quitting on our run game before the end of the first quarter.
    :: Whoa, where the hell was I for 2 years?::

House of Steel
    Three way tie between, Willie Parker, Heath Miller, and Hines Ward (yesterday's fumble was a fluke thing.)

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    willie's to inconsistent to be our best player this year, he only does good against bad defenses.........i'd say heath miller too, i wish we would use him more, seems like we forgot he was on the team
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

House of Steel
    Good Point, Koopa. I am beginning to wonder why Ben hasn't thrown his way lately? He was to be our secret weaponry.

Thread Information