Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Penguins to face Capitals

This series would be long over if MAF was playing like he did last year in the playoffs. I'd say he's closer to horrible than great. He has been flopping around like a fish out of water. Thankfully our D has stepped it up and we have been able to draw penalty's with our speed.

Game 7 can certainly go either way and like the other games will probably be decided by one lucky break or one stupid mistake. I'd say it's 50/50 chance we win. I kind of like the fact that we are away. There is less pressure on the away teams. Let's see which MAF and Malkin show up. We took 2 out of 3 in Philly we can certainly take 2 out of 4 in DC.
    "When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself."
    -Wayne Dyer

My Mood
    Addicted
    The game was awesome! I had a blast and the crowd was insane. Too bad we lost, but we will get them tomorrow!

So I am tried of arguing this idiots that say the hit that Ovechkin did to Gonchar wasn't a cheap shot. I thought it was...

Also, they say that Gonchar's agent doesn't have to go through Gonchar prior to making a statement. Wouldn't his agent be required to go through Gonchar prior to making a statement on Gonchar's behalf? I would think if the agent made a statement that Gonchar did not agree with he would have been forced to retract his words or he would have been fired...i don't think hockey is any different than other sports in that sense..

Glad you had a great time Prosdo! It had to be crazy and amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan11 View Post
    So I am tried of arguing this idiots that say the hit that Ovechkin did to Gonchar wasn't a cheap shot. I thought it was...

Also, they say that Gonchar's agent doesn't have to go through Gonchar prior to making a statement. Wouldn't his agent be required to go through Gonchar prior to making a statement on Gonchar's behalf? I would think if the agent made a statement that Gonchar did not agree with he would have been forced to retract his words or he would have been fired...i don't think hockey is any different than other sports in that sense..

Glad you had a great time Prosdo! It had to be crazy and amazing!
    Dude, what are you talking about here?

It mainly comes down to this:

From TSN

Sources tell TSN Pittsburgh defenseman Sergei Gonchar suffered an apparent knee injury and will miss the next several weeks.

Gonchar was injured following a knee on knee collision with Capitals star Alex Ovechkin who received a minor penalty on the play.

During a Washington power play in the first period of Game 4, Gonchar skated out from behind the Pittsburgh net and Ovechkin appeared to stick out his right knee a moment before the two collided. The Penguins defenceman was unable to put any weight on his right leg and was helped off the ice.

The National Hockey League has ruled out the notion of supplemental discipline which has prompted reaction from Gonchar's representative, JP Barry.

''We now have Exhibit A of the extreme double standard that exists in the NHL's approach to discipline. Alex clearly cuts back with his knee after missing his check with devastating results. But of course, because it's Alex, its all Sergei's fault,'' Barry told TSN.

''It was a extremely negligent hit and if anyone else in this league does the same we all know they will face serious discipline,'' Barry continued. ''Part of being 'great' means playing with respect.''

That is what Gonchar's agent said after the hit my Ovechkin.

My questions is doesn't Barry have to go through Gonchar prior to releasing a statement. Barry can't just state whatever he wants on the incident to the media without Gonchar's consent...or am i completely off on this?

Freedom of speach brother!

Thanks for the article...Makes sense now.

Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    Freedom of speach brother!

Thanks for the article...Makes sense now.
    Thanks for your input...

sorry about the confusion...i tend to even speak in circles always have probably always will.

Way to go Pens!!!! Great game, took the crowd out early and totally dominated the Caps in game 7. It was really a great series. Hats off to the Caps. Ovechin played a great series but the rest of his team was no existent. The Pens were definetely the better team, their defense played great. Crosby was the best player in the series and proved that he is a much better all around player than AO.

As much as I don't like the Caps fans props to them for standing and cheering the last 2 minutes.

8 down 8 to go!
    "When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself."
    -Wayne Dyer

Tailgate Coordinator
    Finally that game we have been waiting for. We have been by far the better team in the series and this blow out just proves it.

Assistant Coach RIVERS OF STEEL's Avatar
    My Mood
    Where
    And the beat goes on. Way to go Penguins, Way... Hey that song suits all our teams.

And their fans.

Thread Information