Thread: No more Tater Tots for Ziggy...

Bookmark and Share
    Steel City Mafia # 632

No more Tater Tots for Ziggy...

From PittsburghLive.com

His news conference yesterday took an entertaining turn when Hood talked about working at a Sonic Drive-In as a high school student in Amarillo, Texas.

"I could pretty much do everything," he said, "from flipping patties to car hopping, riding around on roller skates."

Hood, who worked while playing football and going to school so he could earn extra money for his family, said he sometimes punched the clock on Saturdays after playing in a game.

He put in enough time on the job that when a Missouri coach offered him a scholarship during a visit, he did so at Sonic instead of at Hood's home.

That explains why Tomlin good-naturedly told Hood he wanted to place an order for a hamburger when they first talked after the Steelers had drafted Hood.

Of the two-plus years he worked at Sonic, Hood said, "It taught me how to work, and the more you work the better chance at life you are going to get."

Hood has plenty of work ahead of him.

But of the many things the Steelers will ask of Hood, putting on a pair of roller skates is not among them.

"I think I am too clumsy now," Hood said when asked about roller skating. "Back when I was 240 or 230, I think I could move around a whole lot better."

~
    Well atleast the kid knows what a real job is like..maybe some more motivation to succed in the NFL.

"He's running around there, running his mouth, doing all that, but if you watch him on film and really look, where was Ray Lewis? He was nowhere to be found. I could have tackled the water boy and had as many tackles as him. He didn't do nothing today. He's all mouth. When you talk like that, that's what happens: You get hit in the mouth. He's over there crying now, thinking about what went wrong. You got your *** whipped, that's what." ~ Peazy

Thats awesome I love when we draft people with work ethics like his, thats amazing, good job Steelers.

Steel City Mafia # 632
    "That explains why Tomlin good-naturedly told Hood he wanted to place an order for a hamburger when they first talked after the Steelers had drafted Hood."

That's my favorite part..Tomlin off camera is funny as hell...

"He's running around there, running his mouth, doing all that, but if you watch him on film and really look, where was Ray Lewis? He was nowhere to be found. I could have tackled the water boy and had as many tackles as him. He didn't do nothing today. He's all mouth. When you talk like that, that's what happens: You get hit in the mouth. He's over there crying now, thinking about what went wrong. You got your *** whipped, that's what." ~ Peazy

Thread Information