Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: So can someone tell me how the O-line is suppose to improve?

Bookmark and Share
    Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar

So can someone tell me how the O-line is suppose to improve?

Hey,

I like the selection of Hood in the first round. He fills a need because we are getting long in the tooth on the D-line.

But how is the running game suppose to get going with no improvements in the O-line?

Ben isn't going to have a long career if we keep having him drop back all the time. We need balance in the offense and I want us to return to this franchise's bread and butter and that is running the ball.

Am I missing something?
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

olines get better with time as a general rule....one dominate player can make all the difference and make everyone better....well we didnt go after oher so were gonna be patching things together again this year.

max starks came into his own somewhat, he can play like a probowler one play and an infant child the next

kemo didnt go to the jets like he shouldve but whatever were stuck with him we can only hope he improves....i would say urbik and essex would be his backups

hartwig and stapleton will battle it out for center....hopefull stapleton gets it

RG i would say is gonna be a battle between urbik and colon, edge to colon

the above only happens if they put hills at RT which i think they should

starks, kemo, stapelton, colon, hills doesnt look bad to me, except kemo, that always looks bad

You would think Ben would have a ****ing brick-house protecting him for the amount of money the steelers are paying him (8 year/$102 Million), even after winning the Superbowl, I still thought they were going to clean house, but I think there is some potential in starks, he just needs it beaten out of him lol and like train said, one player could make a big difference and set the tone.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Anthony Davis from Rutgers is currently my hope for 2010...Since Trent Williams, Russell Okung, Ciron Black will all be gone by the time Steelers pick in the first round.......Of course Davis would have to come out early for the 2010 draft......

oher wouldve anchored the line for 10 years.....i am not sure im gonna get over this one, no matter what ziggy does ill have to measure it against oher forever lol.

we could always put shipley in there to anchor it, im pretty sure his immense heart could do it all by himself, he can play multiple positions you know

Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    Anthony Davis from Rutgers is currently my hope for 2010...Since Trent Williams, Russell Okung, Ciron Black will all be gone by the time Steelers pick in the first round.......Of course Davis would have to come out early for the 2010 draft......
    meh i want mount cody to replace ziggy lol

My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    meh i want mount cody to replace ziggy lol
    I'm still hoping for my potential franchise LT........Ciron Black would make me very happy......Mount Cody would be sweet but I'm sure he will be top 10......

well when not getting oher hurts us by having ben getting murdered on every other play whos to say we wont be picking in the top 10

lol

we'll get that franchise LT one day.....

hopefull hills gets a fair shot cause i love him

My Mood
    Mad
    Ben has been getting his *** kicked the last three years so I'm not worried...lol I'm praying to the Football Gods that Tony Hills is a monster........With this upcoming schedule there is noway the Steelers will pick top 10....

I hate looking at a schedule and declaring it hard or easy on just paper....But they play the NFC North and AFC West......lol 6-7 wins there look right.....We should own the division again....Split with the Titans, Dolphins.....Really 12 wins wouldn't shock me....

Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    Ben has been getting his *** kicked the last three years so I'm not worried...lol I'm praying to the Football Gods that Tony Hills is a monster........With this upcoming schedule there is noway the Steelers will pick top 10....

I hate looking at a schedule and declaring it hard or easy on just paper....But they play the NFC North and AFC West......lol 6-7 wins there look right.....We should own the division again....Split with the Titans, Dolphins.....Really 12 wins wouldn't shock me....

Dolphins?

Dolphins benefited from one of the easiest schedules last year. They played the NFC and AFC West...then most of the teams split wins within their crap (w/o Brady) division. It's not a surprise they all had decent records. I can't believe nobody has realized this besides myself. I keep hearing "oh the Dolphins are all of a sudden a good team because of Pennington." The only really good defensive team they played last season was Baltimore and they got blown away.

They will win 6 or less games this season. Write it down.

Thread Information