Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Post Gazette: Turnovers once again the culprit...Parker & Ward speak out

Bookmark and Share
    Hopefully this season doesn't tear apart a team that has for the most part always been unified. The comments from Parker are very disheartening and have me wondering if this team is headed in the wrong direction with their team chemistry? At this point I would be happy for a 500 season and to see a dramatic drop in the number of turnovers. This team has all the makings for a great team but the turnovers are killing them not only on the field but now what seems like in the locker room as well.

My Mood
    Addicted
    I wouldn't trust any of them either and that includes Willie. He has fumbled more than a few times this year just like everyone else. Ward has come on lately but he was dropping passes to begin the year. Wilson has fumbled and has dropped passes. Washington has dropped TD's. Holmes has played as expected for a WR but him and Coc have dropped way to many returns. Ben has been up and down all year. And that's just part of the offenses problems.
    The D has looked great at times this year and at other times couldn't stop anyone. Whenever we need a stop the other team marches right down the field and scores. And I don't think they have held anyone to a FG after we have turned the ball over in our end. Usually it's one or two plays and the other team has a TD.
    So you see, there is all kinds of blame that can go around.
    The biggest two bright spots I have seen this year are Heath Miller and to a point Davenport who has ran hard for us and done a fine job on returns. At times Parker has looked pretty good too. I think he has looked even better since we started using Davenport more so hopefully the Steelers make an attempt at resigning him.

I don't think Hines and Willie's comments were throwing in the towel. On making the playoffs? Maybe. But who can blame them when we're 2-6 and aren't showing signs of changing?

I think their comments were more frustration, and maybe calling out the team. It's true. The Steelers aren't playing with the same intensity and dedication as last year. Maybe having Parker and Ward call them out will light a fire under some guys' asses.
    Who Ride?! WE RIDE!!! Long live the Boot!!!

"I'll always be a Steeler" - Joey Porter
    "Once a Steeler, always a Steeler" - Kordell Stewart

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    i think we should make willie parker eat lots and lots of cake so we have a power running game

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    oh come on, we have no chance in hell. 10 wins will not get you in the playoffs, maybe if this was the nfc it would, but not in the afc, lets just get ready for the draft talk
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ_Steeler View Post
    Hopefully this season doesn't tear apart a team that has for the most part always been unified. The comments from Parker are very disheartening and have me wondering if this team is headed in the wrong direction with their team chemistry? At this point I would be happy for a 500 season and to see a dramatic drop in the number of turnovers. This team has all the makings for a great team but the turnovers are killing them not only on the field but now what seems like in the locker room as well.

This year will tell alot about the character of this team..who the real leaders and team players are. To date there hasn't been any finger pointing and I don't expect there to be. This team has never done that and I fully expect them to stay that course. After watching sportsbeat tonight Im encouraged by Tunch's words that reaffirm what I hope to be true that these words were said out of frustration, anger, & dissapointment.

Maybe finally this team is frustrated, upset, and basically they just said what had to be said and what others may be thinking. Sure it may have been said out of emotion and spur of the moment and I can't say I blame them.

I think down the road they may look back, especially Willie and wish they hadn't have said it to the media but if it helps motivate this team then that's good in the end.

My Mood
    Amazed
    There ws no reason for Parker or Ward to say anything, especially Parker
    Peace & Yours in Black 'N Gold,

Lyn

www.blackngoldpride.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3JXqogT0VU

Many thanks to BR7 (Ron) for the sig and matching avatar

Thread Information