Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Burnett and Summers

Bookmark and Share
    SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by MillerTime83 View Post
    Isnt it a bad thing when your 2 5ths round picks are going to be on the team and 2 out of 3 of the 3rds wont.
    What two third round picks won't make this team?...lol Urbik will make the team....He is at least an upgrade at RG....I like Stapleton but I prefer him to come off the bench as a backup center or guard....Mike Wallace will make the team since another WR is a need and he can return kicks.......Lewis won't be cut either......Mike Tomlin will do wonders for him....

we already had that and more with gay

this draft is just plain awful from top to bottom....please just spare me and forfeit the remaining picks, your commiting to failure as it is, should just stay put rather than taking steps backwards.

cornelius lewis remains my only hope for happiness

My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    we already had that and more with gay

this draft is just plain awful from top to bottom....please just spare me and forfeit the remaining picks, your commiting to failure as it is, should just stay put rather than taking steps backwards.

cornelius lewis remains my only hope for happiness
    William Gay is a fine player and should start this year........We need depth though.......Lewis and Burnett give us that....Plus Burnett can return kicks.....

Summers' 4.55 time in the 40 was better than the times posted by 16 of the 23 backs who performed in Indianapolis. It should be noted, too, that those at the Combine had the luxury of running the event's signature test indoors, as opposed to the windy conditions Summers ran in Thursday. His 34.5-inch vertical topped only three of the Combine participants. He hoisted 225 pounds 30 times, hardly struggling in the process. Of the 23 backs to lift in Indy, the highest total number of reps was 29.

http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2009...-unlv-pro-day/

Gold Standard
    Quote Originally Posted by igor0190 View Post
    Summers' 4.55 time in the 40 was better than the times posted by 16 of the 23 backs who performed in Indianapolis.

That was my point as well. Not only does he have a low center of gravity, is as tough as nails, but he has got some wheeles as well. I agree with Darnik, he could replace Davis as a fullback and Russell as our short yardage back. I think the dude is a hammer and he will also be a guy on special teams that flat out kills people!
    http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_082009/home.parcoltop11.35513.ImageFile.jpg

these guys rarely pan out.....john kuhn, noah herring....all awesome late round pickups

hell be on the practice squad

My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    these guys rarely pan out.....john kuhn, noah herring....all awesome late round pickups

hell be on the practice squad
    Ok but really any pick at this point has a very good chance of not panning out.....The Steelers have to think long term here as well and Frank Summers does have a shot make the team as the goal line back and maybe play some FB....Plus down the road might be the backup to Mendenhall...Parker is a FA soon.....If he doesn't pan out then it was only a 5th round pick....lol

Quote Originally Posted by BlackGold4vr View Post
    That was my point as well. Not only does he have a low center of gravity, is as tough as nails, but he has got some wheeles as well. I agree with Darnik, he could replace Davis as a fullback and Russell as our short yardage back. I think the dude is a hammer and he will also be a guy on special teams that flat out kills people!
    Above all I think he has great agility and that's why the Steelers believe he is special.

Waterboy
    Can't wait to see him play reminds me a bit of the bus.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron City South View Post
    Steelers Addicts .... meet FRANK "THE TANK" .....

That is a BAAAADDD MAN!!!
    WOW!!!
    Haven't seen a hit like that since Hines decleated LEGALLY Rivers for Cinn
    Rule change or not
    It was a LEGAL HIT ON THE SHOULDER HE JUST DE CLEATED HIM INTO NEXT WEEEK!!!
    Oakland, Where Careers Go To Die!!!!!

http://myxilplik.mybrute.com

http://tironne.mybrute.com

Thread Information