Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: May Go Down as the Worst Steeler Draft in History

Bookmark and Share

May Go Down as the Worst Steeler Draft in History

Pick 32: Ziggy Hood, DT. Well, with our defensive lineman aging, you can argue that this was a necessary pick with the top 2 centers off the board (yes KTrain, Mack went off the board first ) He adds depth to the DL, however, this guy will probably not see the field at all for this season. It would've been much better to try to trade up after Mack was gone to pursue Eric Wood... Grade: B-

Pick 64: After waiting for 3 hours or so...I hear we trade our pick away to the Broncos. Thanks for wasting my f***ing time Colbert. At least we got two 3rd round picks out of the deal. Grade: B

Pick 79: Yes! Duke Robinson is STILL on the board. We've got to go guard...we have to. "With the 79th pick, the World Champion Steelers select GUARD...Kraig Urbik." YES!!! Duke Robin...wait what? You've got to be s***ing me. Kraig Urbik?! Kraig Urbik??!!! This guy is a complete bum!!! Did they see the tape on this guy? Downright awful. How do you NOT go the best guard available? Did our scouts take the summer off because we won the Superbowl? Grade: D-

Pick 84: Mike Wallace wasn't an awful pick considering WRs were flying off the board. Still, there were better players available. Grade C+

Pick 96: Not to be outdone by the last two picks, I see D.J. Moore is still available. Seeing as how CB should be the next priority, I'm writing this down as a done deal. Wait, nevermind. I know our history on day two. But c'mon...NOOOOO. Keenan Lewis? Big, slow and injury prone. Grade: F

Ideally, I would've liked to have seen Duke Robinson, D.J. Moore and Antoine Caldwell drafted in the third. I hope the Steelers know what they're doing.
    Last edited by DanRooney; 04-26-2009 at 03:33 PM.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Duke Robinson is still out there for a reason...Think about that before declaring this draft the worse ever before these players even playing one down of football in the NFL....lol

at a quick glance i agree....ill give them all a chance, except hood, i hate hood

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    at a quick glance i agree....ill give them all a chance, except hood, i hate hood
    i find it very funny how many people are so quick to judge... FO does more positive than negative in the draft room, So ill let them do their thing, since ya know they get paid for it and we dont...
    - Zachintosh66 (SCM 1135)

2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)

[ T-Wolves Web | T-Wolves FB | My Xbox Live: zachintosh66 ]

i can judge as fast as i want...i know im not the front office but im on the outside looking in and to me this draft looks awful

You guys are right. Grading a players before they even play. I bet you initially loved the Stees getting Timmons and Woodley. Let them play for a couple years then judge. The Steelers obviously know what they are doing.

Chairman of the Board Iron City South's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    i can judge as fast as i want...i know im not the front office but im on the outside looking in and to me this draft looks awful

"The most interesting man on SA ... stay thirsty my friends"

hilarious.....do us a favor and kill yourself

Quote Originally Posted by SteelCityKid5 View Post
    You guys are right. Grading a players before they even play. I bet you initially loved the Stees getting Timmons and Woodley. Let them play for a couple years then judge. The Steelers obviously know what they are doing.
    I was a big supporter of Woodley. You can actually see me saying how great of a pick that was in another Steeler board (Stillers). As for Timmons, I was more of a Pouz guy

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Hello
    K Train
    and
    Iron City South:

Whew!!! I can feel the sexual tension all the way over here!!!
    PLEASE, GET A HOTEL ROOM AND GET THIS OUT OF YOUR SYSTEM!!!!

LOL
    Oakland, Where Careers Go To Die!!!!!

http://myxilplik.mybrute.com

http://tironne.mybrute.com

Thread Information