Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Front Office Blame

Bookmark and Share
    House of Steel
    Prosdo, LenDale White is a bust. Look at what he is doing in Tennessee. I didn't want the bum in the first place. Santonio Holmes is not a bad pick, but trading up for him was not the best thing to do. I am sure Holmes would of fell right into laps. I hope next season we do a much better job and address the problems we have. WE NEED A DAMN LEADER IN THAT LOCKER ROOM!!!

Based on where the Steelers have been picking the last 2 years I think the picks aren't that bad Maybe the Gibson pick is the worst one but you never know how these guys are going to turn out. The thing to remember is this team went 26-6 over 2 years (excluding the playoffs) and didn't lose very many players so there really wasn't a need to try and get someone in the draft that is going to be a superstar... if they become a superstar then great but this team didn't need anyone right away but more people to groom for later.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by BR-7 View Post
    ****, you see what Essex did against Indy in the regular season game last year? Essex is a sad sad lineman. Starks is bad, but Essex definately isn't the answer.

I was elated they drafted Gibson last year. Then the dude just fell of the map. Huge dissapointment.

I think the whole 'bad' year is partially due to not having a true leader. Weather in the locker room or on the field. I trulely believe Jerome is missed in that aspect and no one has stepped up to that role yet. Even my Browns Backin' Brother agrees with that. Eh, either way, the remainder of the season will see what kind of boys we have and who will be there next year.
    Ok Essex had one bad game against the Colts so never give him another chance. Also if you remember Essex played in 3 or 4 games last year when Smith was hurt. Essex did get better each game. I'm not saying the guy is Orlando Pace. But could Essex do any worse then Max Starks right now? Starks is 340 pounds and gets pushed around by DE's that are much smaller then him. Now Starks tall frame might have alot to do with since smaller DE's can get leverage on him. But still Starks is in the NFL now you have to work on those things.

Of course the team misses Jerome's leadership. I have said that many times and agree with that.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by House of Steel View Post
    Prosdo, LenDale White is a bust. Look at what he is doing in Tennessee. I didn't want the bum in the first place. Santonio Holmes is not a bad pick, but trading up for him was not the best thing to do. I am sure Holmes would of fell right into laps. I hope next season we do a much better job and address the problems we have. WE NEED A DAMN LEADER IN THAT LOCKER ROOM!!!

The entire Titans team is a bust, so I don't think we can judge him soley on his performance and attitude with the Titans right now because the entire team is in rebuilding right now and there is alot of dissention which is especially hard to deal with for a rookie.

He could have been good for us, but Im happy with Davenport and Willie as it stands right now.

House of Steel
    I should of taken that into context, Matt. Thanks for the lecture.

we need to address the offensive line in the draft IMO. it seems to me they have aged dramatically since last year.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by House of Steel View Post
    I should of taken that into context, Matt. Thanks for the lecture.
    Now see here, do you need a timeout !!

we need to address the offensive line in the draft IMO. it seems to me they have aged dramatically since last year.
    I look for instead, our OL to come back mainly intact. Smith, Faneca and Starks will be back, you can pretty much take that to the bank IMO. The only 2 real changes we could see if is Hartings retires and Okobi takes over, and if Chris K can win the job from Kendall Simmons. If those 2 scenarios happen it will deplete our depth pretty good so yes we'll need to look to the draft and FA to build that back up.

House of Steel
    This is what you need for being a Cocky little Greek man. Damn you.

Thread Information