Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The only logical scanerio the Steelers can make the playoffs...

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    jets-hater

The only logical scanerio the Steelers can make the playoffs...

Some people might think Im insane for bringing this up but I been breaking down scenarios every single week even though we keep losing, but to run the table the last 8 games especially the way this team is playing now is going to take nothing short of a miracle. The team right now the Steelers need to worry about is Baltimore. They still have 2 games remaining with them head to head. The Steelers the next 2 weeks play the Saints and Browns and the Ravens play the Titans and Falcons.

Lets just assume the Steelers win and go to 4-6 and the Ravens win and go to 8-2, and the Steelers beat the Ravens head to head on November 26th. It puts them 3 games behind them with the head to head tiebraker in hand. The next 2 weeks after we play the Ravens Baltimore has to go play road games at Cincy and at Kansas City while the Steelers the same exact weeks play Tampa Bay and the Browns at home. Lets assume the Ravens lose both at Cincy and at KC and the Steelers beat Tampa and the Browns here which is very very possible it would put the Ravens then at 8-5 and the Steelers at 7-6 with the head to head tiebraker against the Ravens still in hand.

Again here with all these scanerios Im breaking down Im figuring Cincy to not be a factor because I still think they are going to lose more games along the way because their schedule is brutal. Im still going to pick the Steelers to beat them the last week of the year whether were in it still or not. But the bottom line is this once again we MUST win out and finish at 10-6 and Baltimore MUST lose 4 more games. 2 to us, and one in Cincy and one in KC. They will win there other 4 games against Tennessee,Atlanta,Cleveland,and Buffalo. That would put us at 10-6 and them at 10-6 and we would win the tiebraker by beating them twice. Its the Steelers only only hope of making the playoffs. Will it happen probably not but there is the BEST case scanerio we can hope for to have a shot. But at the same time if we keep turning the ball over 25 times a game like we been doing we will finish at 2-14. But for all practical purposes the Steelers are finished but the scanerio I just gave you is the only way once again the Steelers can make the playoffs incase some of you are wondering. Read it all and tell me what you guys think. Im sure Ill get a lot of your insane and out of your mind comments lol...

My Mood
    Addicted
    Your insane and out of your mind!......lol

But thanks for breaking it down. We do still have a small chance but I'm not even going to think about it until this team can go 1 game without a turnover.

My Mood
    Amazed
    Awesome!~ And it could happen.

But, if it doesn't, I am still going to be a Steeler fan,
    Win, Lose or Tie a Steeler fan til I die
    Peace & Yours in Black 'N Gold,

Lyn

www.blackngoldpride.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3JXqogT0VU

Many thanks to BR7 (Ron) for the sig and matching avatar

Spectator
    My Mood
    Happy
    I got to agreee with SF; Wishful thinking but until I see different, I will look foward to next season
    "It is hard to wait around for something that you know may never happen;but it's even harder to let go when it's everything you want"
    -unknown

My Mood
    jets-hater
    It can happen its not like its impossible. I think the Ravens scenario of them losing has a much better chance of happening then the Steelers scanerio of them winning all there remaining 8 games. I think the Ravens can lose those games at Cincy and at KC back to back weeks, its just a matter of if the Steelers can do their part and beat the Ravens down in Baltimore in 3 weeks. Of course the Steelers MUST first beat the Saints and Browns in order for this to matter at all. But dont be surprised if the Ravens do lose to Cincy and KC on those weeks back to back on the road. Its then going to be a matter of the Steelers beating Baltimore both times head to head one time down there and up here on Christmas Eve. And of course the Steelers MUST win the rest of their games as well to finish at 10-6. Right now the ONLY the ONLY thing keeping the Steelers still alive at all at this point is the fact they still have 2 games remaining head to head against Baltimore.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    That's a good breakdown, however unlikely just simply because we cannot get out of our own way and until we do nothing will change. On paper we should be able to beat every team on our schedule and on paper we should be atleast 6-2 right now.... but reality is much different than paper unfortunately.

I'll still never give up and never stop being a fan, but yes until we can play a game without committing a turnover its all up in the air.

House of Steel
    That is a miracle chance of pulling some stunt like that, troy, but you know, no matter what happens, I will always be a Black n Gold Bleeder diehard. Steelers Fan through thick and thin. I would love to see it happen, but it is a long shot with the way the turnover game is going. I am not even looking at a guarantee win against Cleveland now.

Bottom line is the Steelers should have never been in this situation to begin with and they have nobody to blame but themselves. How do you expect to win with 6 turnovers, which very easily could have been 9!

If they don't make the playoffs it will definitely be a rude awakening for this team. It's good though because then they will have all spring and summer to reflect on this horrific season they are having!

If they make it... great it's another story book season to add the already huge novel about the Steelers, if not I've already prepared myself.

House of Steel
    it will leave a very foul taste in their mouth, enough to release a hellish rage of defiance and revenge. You will see a new and improved Pittsburgh Steelers Team that will wreck havoc on the league. I see this happening. I feel like for some reason like someone has been pointing out, we maybe heading down the same path New England has. That would be a beautiful thing to look forward too. Steelers Dynasty in the 2000's era.

the steelers have no shot in life to make the playoffs this year. its time to focus on the pens.

Thread Information