Thread: 3-4 bandwagon

Bookmark and Share
    Starter

3-4 bandwagon

We all know this is a copy-cat league .... How do other franchises switching to the 3-4 impact the draft?

1. Will this make it more difficult to find value with increased demand for 3-4 types?

2. Does this put centers like wood and mack at a premium due to more guys playing the nose?

3. Does the fact that our coach is a tampa-2-guru alongside the eventual/inevitable departure of the best D-coord of all time suggest the steelers 3-4 days are numbered?

4. Who is the better center v. the nose? Mack, Wood or Unger

5.Does the fact that we dont have much in the pipleine i.t.o. 3-4 lineman say anything? When do we replace Big Snack or find him an understudy ? Aaron Smith?

Quote Originally Posted by andyg1984 View Post
    We all know this is a copy-cat league .... How do other franchises switching to the 3-4 impact the draft?

1. Will this make it more difficult to find value with increased demand for 3-4 types?

2. Does this put centers like wood and mack at a premium due to more guys playing the nose?

3. Does the fact that our coach is a tampa-2-guru alongside the eventual/inevitable departure of the best D-coord of all time suggest the steelers 3-4 days are numbered?

4. Who is the better center v. the nose? Mack, Wood or Unger

5.Does the fact that we dont have much in the pipleine i.t.o. 3-4 lineman say anything? When do we replace Big Snack or find him an understudy ? Aaron Smith?
    our 34 is very different than lets say the cowboys 34, but that all revolves around hampton. they dont have a NT, ratliff is an extrodinarly player but hes way better suited at LDE in a 34. Aaron smith is a master of the position, and havin a master of the position would be great for a guy like gilbert to learn from. other teams switching to 34 will struggle alot....the cheifs have no dlineman that will work in a convential one, the packs dont either, they have the linebackers though (kampman would get raped in coverage) and the broncos have 2 players for it, jarvis moss and champ bailey....all of them will run hybrid things that will be no where near as effective as ours, the patriots or the ravens.

wood has the stones to handle NTs more so than mack.

tomlin is now a 34 guys too, his knowledge of the tampa 2 only helps us

best understudy for hampton is gonna be sammie lee hill imo, i really do think the steelers will draft him, hes 330 pounds and can play both nose and LDE, best end for us to grab would be jackson, gilbert or moore.

BJ raji is not a nose tackle in a 34, he will fail. he would dominate on a 43 team though, if he fell to the redskins they would have a better interior than the vikes. i think he goes to the bengals and does relatively well there, but hes not a guy i want anchoring my line

Thread Information