Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can you be a good 2-6 team ?

Bookmark and Share
    SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    At this point I don't know the inmates are running it any more than I think BC is running it either. It seems like the total team is in chaos. They don't know what to do with themselves anymore. Half of them are depressed, the other half is pissed off, some of them don't show any emotion at all.

Yes he's lost control of the team from a disciplinary standpoint, that much is evident..Im just saying if the players actually got their act together on the field things would be different. BC can't make them hold onto the ball or not throw an interception no matter how much he drills it into their heads. It's up to them to go out and do their jobs. If you call that the inmates running the asylum then I would agree with you...but I call it nobody running it.
    Top Gunn I totally agree that the players have to be accountable out there. You're right the coaches can show Santonio Holmes 100 times on to hold onto the football and after that its up to Holmes. Just saying when its the same old dance week after week it does reflect the coaching. True I really don't know whats going on with Bill Cowher. But I have never seen this from a Bill Cowher coached team. True the Steelers have had games were they just as bad as this year. But not every week.

So thats the only reason I can explain why this team is so bad every week. Trust me I hate thinking and typing this. I only remember the last years of Chuck Noll. I'm only 27. So Bill Cowher is really the only coach I know for the Pittsburgh Steelers.

To put it all on Cowher is flat out wrong. He can't make players hold onto the ball or stop them from making poor choices with passes. Something is jinxing this team. Maybe we used all our luck up with our run to the trophy last year.
    I remember around draft time when we had gotten Holmes and Reid all the talk about them as punt returners, how does one go from top line punt returner to not being able to hold onto the ball, and that's just not on punt returns. There is no easy explanation, unfortunately. Right now we are just giving any other team (even Raiders) too many extra opportunities to score. The stats that TG pointed out look better than last year but sadly he forgot the most important one this year: TURNOVERS , we lead the league in them also!!

BITE ME ICS!...Woodsonsgirl

Dont you think it looks like cowher has lost all passion for the game? Mabey he should retire, what happened to him yelling up and down the sidelines...he has lost the respect of the team and just stands there and stares...he stares and has press conferences.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by BlacknGold Bleeder View Post
    To put it all on Cowher is flat out wrong. He can't make players hold onto the ball or stop them from making poor choices with passes. Something is jinxing this team. Maybe we used all our luck up with our run to the trophy last year.
    I remember around draft time when we had gotten Holmes and Reid all the talk about them as punt returners, how does one go from top line punt returner to not being able to hold onto the ball, and that's just not on punt returns. There is no easy explanation, unfortunately. Right now we are just giving any other team (even Raiders) too many extra opportunities to score. The stats that TG pointed out look better than last year but sadly he forgot the most important one this year: TURNOVERS , we lead the league in them also!!
    You're exactly right, and thats the worst stat any team can have. For all the good we've done on paper, it means virtually nothing compared to that stat.

Quote Originally Posted by K-Train View Post
    Dont you think it looks like cowher has lost all passion for the game? Mabey he should retire, what happened to him yelling up and down the sidelines...he has lost the respect of the team and just stands there and stares...he stares and has press conferences.
    Do you honestly believe that Cowher has just his passion because of 1 Super Bowl ?? If anything I would think that he would be more driven so that may take his place amongst the best in the game.

Admittedly he is not presenting himself in the same way on the sideline, but c'mon these "players" are supposed to be professionals, they should not have to have somone constantly in their face to do their job. Do you work better when your boss is in your face?? I have yet to hear one player say anything at all questioning his commitment, if they could put the blame on him I'm sure they would !!

BITE ME ICS!...Woodsonsgirl

Thread Information