Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can you be a good 2-6 team ?

Bookmark and Share

Hybrid View

My Mood
    Curmudgeon

Can you be a good 2-6 team ?

Think about it, I swear we have to be the best 2-6 team (on paper) in the history of the league. Our overall offense and defense is better statiscally this year than last year.

We're in the top 10 in overall offense.
    We're in the top 10 in overall defense.
    We're in the top 10 in passing offense.
    We're in the top 10 in passing defense.
    I believe in the top 15 in running defense.

This team is full of pro bowlers, full of great athletes, a super bowl winning team, yet we continue to excel in the worst statistic at all. We are -11 in the turnover ratio. We're in a funk that is real, its evident, we are a losing football team right now and until we suck it up and get over it, its not going to get anybetter.

My Mood
    Addicted
    -11 in the turnover ratio
    That takes away from all the other stats.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    You're exactly right, the tell tale sign of a losing team....

CBS put this stat up during the game and it's really hard to swallow! You have the best offense, the best defense but yet you are only good enough to get 2 wins on the season through 9 weeks of football.

Mentioning the turnovers is an easy way to kill a topic right now though... a -11 ratio is unexplainable and uncalled for, these guys get paid to hang onto the ball!

SA's #1 James Farrior Fan PITT23's Avatar
    I would agree with that because on any day we could beat a team like the Colts or Bears because we have the talent. The Browns don't have the talent and thats why their record is bad but we do, we're just not always taking advantage of it.
    :: Whoa, where the hell was I for 2 years?::

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Well bad teams turn the ball over and commit stupid penalities. The Steelers have been consistent with those two every game. Again those same mistakes reflect coaching or the lack of it. The inmates are running the prison in the Steel City. I never thought I would see a Bill Cowher team like this. Hit the road please. You had a great run as the Steelers coach and I'm thankful for which you did. But its time for a change. I think a fresh message would be very nice for the players.

House of Steel
    You guys have hit all the points right on the mark. This is why I enjoy this site so much, so much knowledge in this forum that we all could actually be a network that could blow all three networks out of the clear blue. We need to look into starting our own NFL Network cater to the fans.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    If the inmates were running the asylum perhaps we'd have a better result ? Maybe that way Porter and Harrison could go around and bash some heads in the locker room.

It all starts with BC, he takes all the blame and alot of the credit depending on the outcome of the game but something is just definately off this year.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    If the inmates were running the asylum perhaps we'd have a better result ? Maybe that way Porter and Harrison could go around and bash some heads in the locker room.

It all starts with BC, he takes all the blame and alot of the credit depending on the outcome of the game but something is just definately off this year.
    You really don't think the inmates are running the asylum? Coach Cowher has no control on this team. Cowher is a lame duck coach. I don't why people can't continue to see that?

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    At this point I don't know the inmates are running it any more than I think BC is running it either. It seems like the total team is in chaos. They don't know what to do with themselves anymore. Half of them are depressed, the other half is pissed off, some of them don't show any emotion at all.

Yes he's lost control of the team from a disciplinary standpoint, that much is evident..Im just saying if the players actually got their act together on the field things would be different. BC can't make them hold onto the ball or not throw an interception no matter how much he drills it into their heads. It's up to them to go out and do their jobs. If you call that the inmates running the asylum then I would agree with you...but I call it nobody running it.

Thread Information