Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Deshea Townsend has been terrible...

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    colts-hater

Deshea Townsend has been terrible...

Can someone tell me why Cowher continues to keep starting him over McFadden every week when he continually game after game keeps getting burned on these jump balls especially in the end zone. McFadden at this point is clearly the better guy to start and Im starting to really wonder now if resigning Deshea Townsend this season was a big mistake because the guy has been flat out terrible thus far all season long.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Most of the decisions are in question this year...why we don't use Najeh more (up until tonight) , why Holmes has been in there returning for so long, why he stuck with Coc in returns for so long, the list goes on and on.

As far as Deshea his play has really declined this year steadily. He had Javon dead to right on that 72 yd TD run and just completely missed it. He had a chance for that interception but couldnt control it.

Ive always liked Deshea and remember just last year he was our best pure cover corner, but McFaddens time has come IMO.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    ike has also been terrible, he gets bombed on every game......
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

My Mood
    Addicted
    He wasn't the one that let Walker jump all over him. That was Ike. I would rather have Townsend in there right now than Ike.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I could have sworn that was Deshea..my bad. In any event, neither one of them is consistent right now. Unless you call inconsistently consistent then yes they are.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Townsend missed the tackle on Walker on the 72 yarder but he did the right thing by forcing him back to the middle. The rest of our D just stood there like a deer in headlights.
    Ike got burned more times then I could count once again. Walker jumped over him at least twice for TD's.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I missed part of the game on TV so I had to hear it on the radio...but yes today Ike was just unbelievably bad. Walker made him look like a prep school DB.

My Mood
    colts-hater
    But if you look at these games Deshea Townsend in every single game we have lost has been in on a big big play in the game it seems like. Today against Rod Smith with that TD on 3rd down early in the game, and then the Walker reverse where I dont know what the hell he did to miss the tackle there. But the other games where he got burned were when TJ caught that jump ball on him in the end zone late in the 4th quarter, Malcom Floyd catching a TD before the half in the San Diego game,Michael Jenkins making a one handed TD a few weeks back before the half in the game against Atlanta. It just seems like time after the time the guy is getting burnt and looking very bad in key points in these games. I just cant believe overall this team has 24 turnovers already this year and last year they only had 23 all season overall as a team. This Steelers team has just completely fallen apart in the turnover fumbling area. Its insane to think they could turn the damn ball over this much week after week. Its getting to the point now where its getting down right disgusting and your expecting a turnover every single play.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I can't blame Deshea for getting beat on a perfectly timed jumped ball, he's just not tall enough to defend all of those and we should be able to overcome those in a normal year. It's the missed tackles, the dropped picks, the blown coverages that just kills you.

My Mood
    Addicted
    That could be said about our whole secondary. Even Troy was missing tackles again.

Thread Information