Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Deshea Townsend has been terrible...

Bookmark and Share
    House of Steel
    This Secondary needs a major rebuilding project. The Safeties are the only bright thing on this squad. I say, we need to get some shutdown corners in the draft next season. Another damn problem, we need to find ourselves a bona fide Special Teamer in the free agent market. There are a lot of needs right now. I am lost for words myself cause I just can't figure out how the hell can this team go from Super Bowl World Champions, to Horseshit?

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    When it rains it pours...when Troy starts missing tackles like he's done this year you know things are going bad.

When the corners struggle the whole secondary does, they are a unit and if you have 1 bad cog in that machine it effects everyone. You start forcing the issue more and that causes more bad plays.

i'm shocked at how many players have aged since last season. its beyond me. i agree with a lot of you, townsend has been just bad. but if he's in there mcfadden must be worse.

House of Steel
    You know the more I am thinking about this, as the season progresses to the end, I see a major shakeup is about to happen this coming offseason from the secondary, to the offense, to the defense, and changing of the guard from Cowher to Whisenhunt or Grimms. I just want this season over and done with. I will always be proud of being a Black and Gold Bleeder for life.

Today... Townsend was leagues ahead of Ike! Ike was burned for 134 yards adn 2 TD's!!! Maybe Ike should have covered Smith and Townsend should have taken Walker!

Everything I saw from Townsend today was postive!

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    I agree that Townsend and Ike Taylor have blew big goats most of the year. But today its hard to cover that long when there is no pass rush? How many freakin sacks did that mighty Blitzburgh D get today? I think it was a big fat one. I don't know but has opposing OC figured out Coach LeBeau's defense out? I would give my left nut for the Steelers to able to somehow draft a Richard Seymour type DE for their 3-4 defense. I like both Aaron Smith and Brett Keisel. But they don't dominate like a Richard Seymour. To bad those type of DE's are very hard to find.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    The Steelers defense is predicated on pressuring the QB. If they pressure doens't get there our defense doesnt work. It's as simple as that. The zone blitz has so many schemes and formations, so many times when lineman and LB's are in coverage and the secondary blitzes that again its all about the pressure and throwing off the timing of the plays.

Deshea is on the downside of his career, Ike is on the upside..yes Ike got burnt in a big way today, so did Townsend..but our entire team is playing bad right now so you can't really judge any 1 single person per say because they are all to blame and until all 22 guys including all the special teamers step up their game, nothing will change.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    The Steelers defense is predicated on pressuring the QB. If they pressure doens't get there our defense doesnt work. It's as simple as that. The zone blitz has so many schemes and formations, so many times when lineman and LB's are in coverage and the secondary blitzes that again its all about the pressure and throwing off the timing of the plays.

Deshea is on the downside of his career, Ike is on the upside..yes Ike got burnt in a big way today, so did Townsend..but our entire team is playing bad right now so you can't really judge any 1 single person per say because they are all to blame and until all 22 guys including all the special teamers step up their game, nothing will change.
    Well any defense in the NFL is predicated on pressuring the QB when you think about it. You give the QB time the QB will kill you. Thats why having a DE like Richard Seymour would be huge for the Steelers. So they don't have to always send so many defenders on a blitz. But today where was the pass rush? No rush at all for the most part and Plummer made the Steelers pay.

Denver was keeping the tight ends in to help out on protection and they looked like genuises doing it! Ike stunk out the place today, then again alot of them did.Where was Porter?
    The Steelers are getting every team at their best and have been able to play with them. IF we don't turn it over, we easily have 3 more wins. A radio annoucer summed it up pretty well when he said that last year the STEELERS were the bully on the playground, this year the bully is getting punched first and he don't know how to react!!!

BITE ME ICS!...Woodsonsgirl

Thread Information