Thread: Wonderlic Scores???

Bookmark and Share
    Rookie Free Agent

Wonderlic Scores???

I just saw Wonderlic scores on two players whom I like and am trying to figure out how it impacts them.

Percy Harvin, Florida WR (who one mock has the Steelers taking at #32) scored a very low "12" and Kevin Barnes, a CB from Maryland scored a "41," which was much higher than most players, including the QBs who traditionally score high (in the "mid to upper 30's).

Barnes has the size and speed and Maryland has produced some quality NFL performers recently. But, he's not a candidate for us on Day 1 (but I'd love to see him in B&G, maybe in the third or fourth round).

Harvin has produced mightily in college and is a multi-faceted offensive weapon, but to get his receivign and return skills (not to mention running the "Pony offense"), we would need to pick him at #32, if he lasts.

Should Harvin's test scores be a "negative?"

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    I've heard that the score is less important the farther out from the center you go.
    QB and center need to make the calls in blocking scheme, motions, audilbes etc...
    As a WR, athletic ability is a bit more prevalent then being smart...
    A CB with some smarts might be a better benefit.
    Oakland, Where Careers Go To Die!!!!!

http://myxilplik.mybrute.com

http://tironne.mybrute.com

I thnk intelligence goes much farther than most people realize. From training right, eating right, locker room chemistry, and of course the ability to unsderstand football. Intelligent players will find ways to get better, are more coachable, and just overall fit in on a team better. To get a 12 on the Wonderlic would make Harvin downright stupid... I wouldn't want him on my team.

these arent true tests of "intelligence" they are kinda stupid questions and really hold no water at all....and alot of the times the players dont take them seriously for that reason

Rookie Free Agent
    I can't remember the player, but someone last year, pre-draft, got demonized for his low Wonderlic. I think it was a QB.

Starter
    Call me stupid, but I really have never known what the wonderlic was. Is it just a basic test of your knowledge of football or what?

Here is examples of some questions: http://espn.go.com/page2/s/closer/020228test.html

I had to take this on a job interview once which i thought was stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by DCBill View Post
    I can't remember the player, but someone last year, pre-draft, got demonized for his low Wonderlic. I think it was a QB.
    most recently it was vince young that did awful

Thread Information