Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Steelers are NFL's most popular team

Bookmark and Share

Steelers are NFL's most popular team

No surprise they wannbe like us !!

From April 1, 2008, through the end of February, more Steelers merchandise sold on NFLShop.com than that of any other team, according to the NFL. The league does not disclose merchandise figures. Five Steelers games last year were among the 15 most-viewed fall programs, according to the league and Nielsen Media. And the nearly 100 million viewers who watched the Steelers rally to beat the Cardinals in Tampa made this the highest-rated Super Bowl ever. The Steelers are such an attractive TV draw that 12 of their 16 regular-season games in 2008 were in the 4 p.m. time slot, where networks put teams with broad appeal, or at night, when a national audience watches. "We can put Pittsburgh on in the Carolinas, in Texas," said Rob Correa, CBS Sports' executive vice president of programming. "Virtually any state in the country, we're confident of putting on a Steelers game. They seem to have fans everywhere." Sports marketing experts generally agree the Steelers' reach is so expansive that the franchise's brand has become national. -- Pittsburgh Tribune-Review

BITE ME ICS!...Woodsonsgirl

Rookie Free Agent
    ya heard!!!!!

bandwagon fair weather fans, they just want to roll with a winner to feel good about them selves for a while ... just kiddin

Draft Pick
    I wonder how often in the past has the team that won the superbowl sold the most amount of gear that year. You would think it would happen quite often. Just from the SB gear it would get you most of the way there you would think.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Yea i just got back from Charlotte N.C an man it was an lot of Steelers fans, they were all over the place, Steeler Nation is taking over I'm sure that there is an lot of Bandwagon fans also i was in an gym in Cleveland an saw an Clown fan wearing an Big Ben jerseyi asked him how long has he been an Steelers fan.....he said he was an Clowns fan but with Pittsburgh winning so much, he decided to root for them that just proves that everybody wants to root for an winner

I'll be the first to kindly give the bandwagon fans the boot off the wagon...

My Mood
    Addicted
    Boom Shacka Lacka!!!!........... Hell I could have told them they can put Pitts games on in the Carolina's. Steelers fans are everywhere down here. I bet theirs 5 Steelers bars with in 15 miles from my house and football sunday's it's standing room only. Who's America's team now Dallas! BAHAHAHA.....
    Last edited by steelers4life66; 04-16-2009 at 10:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by greennick View Post
    I wonder how often in the past has the team that won the superbowl sold the most amount of gear that year. You would think it would happen quite often. Just from the SB gear it would get you most of the way there you would think.
    you know it happens ,I live in the mid west and can remember ALL them UGLY pats #12 jerseys showing at various bars following their SB runs, Not so many when the Giants beat them , then it hard to find a cheatin pats jersey any where

Steelers fans are everywhere and travel anywhere to see a game. We are the most loyal and craziest fans out there. We have our own language(Pittsburghese). It is only natural more people want to follow our trend. Lets go Stillers.

Rookie Free Agent heknowsyouknow's Avatar
    well in my football team over this side of the pond ...we have 5 steelers ...and 3 are on the O line with me ..LOL ...we had the logo on only one side of the helmets last year ..coach had a moan and thay are on both this year ..LOL

Thread Information